“Not happy”

Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wilmington
Ranked #39 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed 3 nights here recently &I didn't want to spend a lot of $. ( Less than 50$ ) It's an old hotel with a faded smell/ look about it. The room however-had all the basics, Wi-Fi, microwave, refrigerator, as well as a complementary breakfast and newspaper. I felt the tub was not clean, but the staff ( Indian or Pakastani perhaps) were cordial & efficient. I always bring my own febreeze, Clorox wipes, pillow & blanket. If you want to save $ be prepared.

• Stayed October 2012
DURHAM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

We had a free night.went to Wilmington,for end of summer night. Front desk very nice,room clean, basic hotel. Hey! We are at beach! Very close to wrights Ville beach or downtown.had a frig and microwave. I would recommend this for short visit .one negative would be a outside entrance . I was with husband so it was fine. As a single ,person I wouldn't like

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Pittsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

We always stay at this hotel when visiting family in Wilmington. Using Wyndham resort points, we find this one the best value for points, plus the rooms are very large, which is a definate plus. Not fancy, but beds are comfortable, and they have the added bonus of smoking rooms, something that we have begun banning hotels over not offering. We highly recommend them if you need an overnight to lay your head, and are not looking for a vacation resort.

Room Tip: Coffee on buffet bar not so hot. there is a breakfast restaurant short ways away on the right when...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here in early August for less than $65 a night! It is just off a main street near strip malls but at no point did we feel unsafe. The rooms were spacious and clean. I have to admit after I read the reviews here I was really skeptical but couldn't beat the price! I didn't see any bugs anywhere. The staff were friendly. It is also not too far from downtown. I would definitely stay here because it was a great value!

• Stayed August 2012