“BEST Pie in Town”

Flying Pi Kitchen
Kerikeri, New Zealand
“BEST Pie in Town”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I believe you can't have a great pie without a great pie crust. This s the first place to truly deliver a pie crust that rivals the best homemade piecrusts I have had. Our favorite so far is the blueberry pie. They make several different kinds and they vary daily. Open for breakfast and lunch, go early they often sell out. I am looking forward to stopping in once a week to try something new each time. I've also enjoyed their breakfast biscuit which is one of the best I've had. My son loved the grilled breakfast sandwich made with toasted raisin bread, cream cheese and sweet potato.

• Visited March 2014

“Fun, wit, and good food”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Love the vibe of this place. First off they have a dog bowl outside - which my dogs love when we go on a walk - so A for thinking of our furry friends as well. The owners/associates are friendly, fun, witty, and a bit salty- making it enjoyable to grab a bite there. The food is very well prepared. Clearly it is freshly made each day, with a lot of love. It is clear they enjoy what they do and are doing a great job day in and day out. The portions are good - the fresh fruit is really great. They have a word of the day and if you can use the word correctly in a sentence you win a free cookie.... I am love new words and dessert - so they had me at hello. They play great music as well. Just a nice place to grab breakfast before work.

• Visited October 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Wonderful food, great price”
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped in to grab a quick bite and was blown away by the kind service and great food. The breakfast sandwich was heavenly and the bacon was freshly prepared as were the eggs. The fresh baked goods were delicious and the atmosphere was very cozy and welcoming.

Visited September 2013
“Great place for lunch, go early or miss the specials”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor, we found this darling lunch spot during a quick drive through to return a wedding cake platter. We got there around noon, and I got the last of the special (squash enchiladas). The special soup was already gone!). As soon as a ordered mine, it was erased from the blackboard. I felt sorry for anyone who missed it, but was a very appreciative diner! I liked mine so much, it made me wonder how good the soup was.

It's a simple, clean place, and you can tell love and the freshest ingredients go into each dish. My husband. Of course I saved room for pie, the coconut cream custard. Shhhh - almost as good as my mom's.

I'd be a regular here if I lived in the area. The people were nice, so attentive when you ordered and brought the food. A superb dining experience.

• Visited September 2013
Leland, North Carolina
“Great Lunch Experience”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Carol and I had a wonderful lunch here last Wednesday (8/28). It had been several years since I had been to Flying Pi and really enjoyed re-connecting with this upbeat, positive luncheon place.

The food is prepared fresh as you wait. Both our salads were wonderful and tasted fantastic. The staff is friendly, open and fun-loving. There is a picture of Alfred E Neumann on top of one of their counters.

The place is decorated with big windows which allows light to enter the space. The furniture is comfortable and of high quality. The décor has color and artwork.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!! I will definitely return and not wait as long to experience this wonderful café.

• Visited August 2013