“This is my go-to "Meet a friend for lunch" restaurant.”

Temptations Everyday Gourmet
Ranked #184 of 698 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Get Fresh with our Food! We prepare Gourmet Meals using fresh ingredients (local when available). Our Award winning menu features Sandwiches, Creative Salads, Quiche, Soups and Daily Features. Need to feed the entire office, we offer Catered Lunch Packages for groups of 10 or more.
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

Oh, how I love Temptations! Not only is their lunch menu simple, but great, all in one; but while you're there, you can pick up your favorite bottle of wine, grab a gift, get some locally made goodies, or a sweet treat before you leave. They have a great staff that make you feel welcome the minute you arrive, they have great daily specials, and salads that no other restaurant in town can touch... Yum!

As far as purchasing gifts are concerned, you can call and tell them what you'd like, give them a price range, and have them put it together for you to pick up at your convenience. I've done this many times. Of course, it helps to make an initial visit there to get a "taste" for there many gourmet food items available.

If you live in Wilmington or are visiting the area, I will tell you, go to TEMPTATIONS at your next opportunity, you won't be sorry!

Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

The food at this charming restaurant has so much flavor. The soup was a Kale and sausage. My husband had a Greek Panini that was so delicious. Very few places have such innovative food with such crisp flavor.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I've eaten here 4-5 times, each time has been enjoyable. Please know at the height of lunch you may have an issue finding an open table. Today I had the pesto chicken wrap served with a side Cesar salad. My daughter had a tuna sandwich with a cup of soup, our bill was 19.40. That's a pretty fair deal if you ask me. Our service, like every other time we've eaten here, was quick and friendly. Food was fresh and delicious. I really cannot say anything negative about this place. I also enjoy the nice selection of candies and such that you can buy in their gourmet department!! There is also plenty of parking!!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

It is very easy to not notice this restaurant. There are actually two, with one being across the street from Independence Mall and the other one is in a strip of stores near Porters Neck on the west side of Market Street as you head north. We are regulars at the Porters Neck store.
Why do we like this restaurant? The chef does an incredible job with delicious soups, pastas, and dinner entrees. He won Chef of the Year for Wilmington a couple of years ago. The wait staff is very friendly and has great suggestions for food and wine pairings. The owner is very knowledgeable about wines and does a wine tasting every Friday night.
The best part is not only do you get quality food, but as noted in other reviews, they charge you the normal price for a bottle of wine rather than marking it up 100-150%. And the wine selection is very broad. If you like beer, they also offer some excellent choices, but the selection is more limited.
If you have not tried Temptations yet, give it a shot. I bet that you will be glad you did.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

This spot is located in a strip mall area. We visited it for lunch with a family of eight. They even took a reservation so we didn't have to wait for a large table to open up during busy Saturday lunch traffic. The waitress was very pleasant and made good recommendations. The sandwiches are all fresh made, there are good daily specials and desserts. The seafood bisque was clearly the favorite among our group. Prices are reasonable for what you get. Call ahead for takeout if you don't want to take a chance on it being too busy to get a table quickly.