Americas Best Value Inn- Wilmington
US$203
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$109
US$105
Best Western Plus Coastline Inn(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$157
  • Pool
US$137
US$121
Staybridge Suites Wilmington East(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$122
Travelocity
All reviewshandicap roomrooms are smalla great stayhouse keepinga nice place to staymarket stbagelswrightsville beachdowntownmaids
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Budget priced. Very friendly and helpful front office staff. Was given a room that was typical for price paid...BUT, turned out it had no been cleaned. (that stuff can happen anywhere) . Superior response from the ladies at the front desk. Very apologetic and very accommodating in moving us to another room that was significantly improved besides being very clean. Large room, updated bath, great bed/pillows, frig/micro and reasonable internet.
Didn't start all that well but sure did end up great. Good location, a bit sketchy on some of the clientele but no problems and no noise. Super staff and great pricing. One star pricing, 3 star quality. At least give it a shot!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
InnatWilmington, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate any and all feedback to help up improve our property. I do read all responses whether it be a good or bad and respond.

While we are a simple and modest hotel and we are working to upgrade and improve the property for our guests. I hope that if you make it back to Wilmington, you will stop and see our improvements. We should be completed with everything by the end of October 2014 (only because we are in season and it is hard to complete many of the things we are looking to do).

Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

It's not close to anything in town and not in walking distance to any places to eat, except one Thai place. The guests seemed sketchy and I wouldn't walk around the place at night unless I had to. My room was really depressing. Everything was old, shower/toilet separate from the sink, florescent lighting was terrible. Some staff were really nice and helpful, others very rude. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jen J
InnatWilmington, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Jen J,

I am sorry for your disappointment in our establishment, however, I am a little perplexed about you comment that the place is "depressing" and "old". We are in the middle of renovations and have been since April 2014 and have made quite the headway with completely overhauling the pool area, plus we have painted all the rooms with an accent wall and painted each room/bathroom. We have added a new bedding package to most of the rooms and we are currently finishing them up. I just changed out the chairs in all the rooms yesterday. We are adding refrigerators to the rooms. We are also changing our signage outside. We will be changing the TV's to 32" flat screens and tiling all the floors in the bathrooms. We will be renovating more of the outside of the property as well. The carpeting and mattresses were changed out about 2 years ago. We have security every night... Please know how saddened we are that you were not happy. I only wish you would have spoken to someone at the front desk or myself. I hope that you will stop by if you are in Wilmington again so you can see our completed renovations.

Again, I am sorry for your disappointment.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is definitely in need of some repairs. The furniture was old, the beds were lumpy and the carpet was dirty.
The location to town and to the beach was very good, but if we came back I think we would have to choose another hotel. So should you! :)

Stayed: June 2014
InnatWilmington, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hello CSal,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor, however, I was saddened to see you were not satisfied with our establishment...

I am not sure if you have the correct hotel as we are in the middle of renovating our property so I am a little confused about needing to upgrade. We started in April 2014. We have painted all the rooms adding an accent wall in every room. Have been adding a new bedding package to the rooms and we are 90% completed with that. We have added inventory of towels, etc... to each room. We are currently installing refrigerators in many of the rooms (just within the past 2 days). I am waiting on a truck to bring new chairs for all the rooms. We will be retiling the bathroom floors and changing out to 32" Flat screen TV's... Taking bids to redo the parking lot. Plus many other upgrades. However, we are in season, so it is very hard to do many of the renovations because of how busy we are at this time. The carpeting and beds were just changed out 2 years ago too.

Although, I do apologize for your disappointment and hope that you will at least stop by to see all we have done. Due to the season being here and trying to schedule around all our reservations, we hope to be completed by the end of October 2014 (maybe sooner). But we are definitely working on all these upgrades and the ones we have done are very noticeable.

Again, I am sorry you weren't satisfied. I only wish you would have spoken to someone at the property direct so that we could have rectified your disappointment while you were here to make your stay more pleasant.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was mainly somewhere for me to rest my head whilst I was out with friends however the bed was comfortable and the room was a good size. The staff were very friendly and happy to call a taxi for me; the price was more than I had been quoted but nothing to raise an issue with.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
InnatWilmington, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate any and all input so we can work to improve our product and service. I understand you only used us for a place to lay your head, but happy to know it met your needs and we hope we can continue to serve you when you visit Wilmington.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

For the price we paid and since we were on a budget, it was pretty good. The room was clean and the service was good. The only problem was that we could hear what they were doing in the next room , and we couldn't connect on internet. And if you want to eat something in the morning you better be quick cause things finish pretty fast and there is no refil

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank scoa s
InnatWilmington, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Scoa S.,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. I appreciate hearing how we are doing in order to help improve our product and service. I am sorry for the difficulties you had connecting to the internet. I am currently working on upgrading the service for our property. I also am understanding you came up for our "grab and go" breakfast towards the end and weren't able to have much of a selection. I am sorry that happened. I will take measures on working to ensure we have enough product for breakfast for our guests who sleep in.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.

Annette