“Weekend Retreat”

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
North Carolina
“Weekend Retreat”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This facility to definitely worth the price I paid and more We even found some delivery places, so we didn't have to venture out in the dark..

Room Tip: Be sure to review your account measure before checking, a
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
North Carolina
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This Best Western Plus, was situated in a great place, really close to eateries. The lobby, breakfast area and pool area were designed in an abstract way, but it didn't distract from the hotel. The room was nice and comfortable. It looked new, but I don't like having the sink actually in the room - once again, a poor design that was none of the workers fault. This facility to definitely worth the price I paid and more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed 4 nights here, beginning of Nov. Priced great, located well for our purposes. First impression was...very clean. I mean clean. Nice rooms, furnished well... a bit too much furniture actually. Everything worked. Little fridge, microwave, working space for a laptop and printer, enough outlets for chargers,excellent wi-fi... was able to stream Netflix. Breakfast was good, wide variety, lots of places to sit, food kept hot. Only complaint was the $1.75/night charge for a room safe I did not use, did not even know I was charged until I reviewed my bill at home. Just a pet peeve of mine. The hotel was still a bargain.

One more point, very important to me....not a whiff of tobacco smoke...anywhere.

Room Tip: We had a 2nd floor room at the rear, very quiet. Able to leave a window open all night.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim P
Purley, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Very nice updated and clean hotel. We only stayed one night but very satisfied. Dunkin doughnuts right across the road and an IHOP next door. Ten minute or less ride to the ocean. We did not use the pool but it looked really nice. Staff was very nice and professional. Breakfast was good. Would stay here again. Very satisfied customers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Kingsville, Maryland
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality and cleanliness of this hotel!! I've never stayed at a Best Western before but will certainly search them out now. The hotel is very well taken care of and I saw people cleaning and mopping even the outdoor areas!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank feistjeanne
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The Best Western Plus in Wilmington, NC is a recently renovated hotel. The property is clean and attractively decorated. The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful. Upon check-in, the desk personnel was very professional. He explained everything and asked if I would like internet access and he stamped the internet code on my room key cover. (The internet is quite good.) On another visit to the front desk, the staff helped me find sites to see in Wilmington. She was candid and up-front about her selections and went out of her way to help me.

My room was very clean with all of the features I expected. The bed and pillows were comfortable so sleeping was enjoyable. The really unusual thing is that the hotel was quiet (even on Friday night)! As a business traveler, I appreciate not being awakened at 2:00 in the morning by slamming doors and parties in the next room. The continental breakfast was more than I expected: hot foods (bacon, eggs, waffles, etc.). Overall, my stay was very enjoyable. I received more than the room price led me to expect. I will stay at this Best Western on my next visit to Wilmington.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room on the 3rd (top) floor. My room was at the end of the hall and...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had an great room ( bathroom was small ) and the bed was very comfortable. Very clean and great internet service, the staff was very friendly and the breakfast was very good. My wife did use the indoor pool for our two days here and she was happy with it. We stayed on the first floor facing the parking lot and it was very quiet. We would stay here again with no problem, our room was updated as was the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Beau Rivage Golf & Resort
Beau Rivage Golf & Resort
#13 of 44 in Wilmington

Been to Best Western Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach? Share your experiences!