“Just fine.”

Best Western Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Morgan was very helpful to us - and tried to smooth things over after our tour group was booked into this hotel in error. We were 50 miles away from our true destination to stay over - still, she and her staff in the evening did everything they could to help make our stay pleasant. Thank you for caring! Our breakfast was great, beds fine, rooms clean. Nice place and close to Colonial Williamsburg. Can't miss if you try this Hampton. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Tough getting a motor coach in and out.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 June 2014

When we read that the hotel had been "renovated" we expected to find a little fresh paint to cover scarred walls and doors, and the musty smells of old socks and mildew. Since we were on a budget and the trip was a last-minute decision to help my wife escape the 4 walls of the house, we chose this one based on the positive reviews.

When we arrived, the staff were extremely friendly and professional, and check-in was fast and easy. I was genuinely amazed by the quality of everything! The furniture and bedding were practically new. The bathroom and sink area were all well-appointed and exceptionally clean. There were NO odors of any kind, which really surprised me for a hotel stay less than $100 per night close to the coast in summer! We only stayed one night, but we did get a chance to take the kids to the indoor pool, which was very clean and well-maintained.

The beds slept very well, and the breakfast in the morning was not bad. I wish we had gotten to breakfast earlier as some items had gotten a little rubbery from sitting. Coffee was not bad, definitely fresh tasting.

The only real negative I will post is the location. The intersection by the hotel is a very quirky one. We decided to check out an Asian restaurant across the street, but we wanted to drive in case of rain. We could not go across at the intersection; instead we had to turn right and drive down a couple of blocks, make a U-turn, and come back to the restaurant. Otherwise, not far from everything. Next time we head back to Wilmington, I will definitely check here first for a room!

Room Tip: The rooms that were available at the last minute had 2 double beds. If possible, get a larger bed if...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
BWPLUSWilmington, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Sub0rdinary, thank you for choosing to stay at our award winning Best Western Plus located less than 4 miles from Carolina Beach. We are so glad you enjoyed our beautiful décor, cleanliness, and awesome staff! We hope to see you again next time you come to Wilmington/Carolina Beach!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Dignitary Status acceptable. Room door however unshowing of cleanliness behind door. Rate unbeatable, pleasing for Shore. (Wilmington, NC + Carolina Beach). Atmosphere pleasant, odor none existence. Comfort, STOP IN FOR VALUE.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWPLUSWilmington, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Veronica, thank you for staying at our trip advisor award winning Best Western Plus. Having a 100% Sanitation Rate, we are truly sorry that you were not satisfied with the spot of uncleanliness behind the door. We immediately looked into that. We are pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your stay including our rates, location (less than 4 miles from Carolina Beach and Downtown), comfort, and service. Hope to see you again next time you visit Wilmington!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I woke up on a spontaneous note this morning in Greensboro, NC and decided to head to the beach. I chose the Wilmington area as it is the closest to my home.
I had a relaxing day on the beach and ended up booking a hotel during that time through Expedia. I searched the hotel in my maps and was led to this location.
Upon arrival things got a bit confusing when I found out my reservation was in fact 30 minutes further than I had in mind. I spent the next 45 minutes on the phone with Expedia trying to get my reservation transferred to this location. As frustrating as it was, and though it was my fault for not paying closer attention to my booking, the girl at the front desk was unbelievably helpful. Jessika Smith was understanding, welcoming, and willing to do anything she could to help. She made calls for me and with me in an effort to lessen my hassle, and waited patiently for the problem to be solved. As I spent all this time on the phone with the agency, I stood by as she cheeks several other groups in and was just as sweet and welcoming to each and every person who entered the building.
Not only was Jessika a saving grace to what could have been a hectic end to a wonderful day, but the room is by far the nicest room I have stayed in for a very reasonable price.
I look forward to staying in more Best Westerns in my future.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hi Mallory! We are so honored that you took the time to give our award winning Best Western Plus a review! It makes us so happy to know that we could comfort you and try our best to assist you on your spontaneous get away. We are so glad that Jessika was so helpful and welcoming. So glad you chose to stay with us and hope you stay again next time you come to the Carolina Beach/Wilmington area.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel has a nice clean stay with a helpful staff. The hotel has very nice amenities with well maintained rooms and a comfy bed. Internet works great. Breakfast was OK with adequate choices. It is away from the beach but has an indoor pool and fitness area. Weekday prices are very fair for the quality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWPLUSWilmington, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review Megan! We are so glad you enjoyed our amenities including our indoor heated pool and spa! Hope to see you again at our Best Western Plus located only a few miles from Carolina Beach!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great interior, pool area, nice Jacuzzi, gym, just all around nice place..

If anything? Maybe little to pricey due to its location.... But overall not bad at all, would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind staying off the beach 6-8 miles

Room Tip: No special room information... But my wife did want me to point out if you can? Park out front of th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Timothy for your "great" feedback from your recent stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed our amenities including our fitness center and indoor pool. Please stay with us again next time you are in the Wilmington/Carolina Beach area!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

All good. Helpful staff. Nice Place. Pool was closed for maintenance but we checked in so late, it wouldn't have mattered. Restaurant next door was a pleasant surprise so having a bottle of wine was not an issue not having to drive to dine.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Steve! Thank you for taking the time to leave a "nice" review of our Best Western Plus! So happy you enjoyed the restaurant right next door to our hotel and our helpful staff. Hope you come back and enjoy our indoor heated pool next time you are visiting Carolina Beach.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington

Been to Best Western Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach? Share your experiences!