“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Nice hotel. Clean, pleasant staff, updated rooms and very nice pool area. Room was small, but we didn't come to the beach to sit in our hotel room ;). Perfect for our family. Good selection of items for breakfast.
We will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Beachbound331
BWPLUSWilmington, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello beachbound331! Thank you for your kind review of our newly remodeled Best Western Plus. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our amenities such as our wide variety of breakfast and our indoor heated pool! We look forward to the opportunity of earning your business again next time travel brings you to the Carolina Beach/Wilmington area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My girls and I went for a weekend to visit friends and family. The room was very nice. There was plenty of hot water, all three girls took showers and I had hot water too. It was close to the Carolina Beach and Wrightsville Beach and not too far from UNCW. Jessika was very pleasant when I arrived about 11:00 pm. The breakfast staff greeted us, both ladies were very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you sittinginthesun for your very nice feedback from your recent stay with our award winning Best Western Plus. We are glad you enjoyed our great location near both beaches and the college. We hope to earn your business again next time travel brings you this way!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The bathroom was unbelievably small, we could not walk in and close the door because there wasn't enough room. The first room we had, the bed was right next to the door and we could hear everyone and everything as they walked by. When I went to ask if there were any other rooms, the lady was very rude and made it seem like I was inconveniencing her. It took me going back a second to get changed to a different room. Once we moved rooms, the remote in it had only one or two buttons that worked and every time we came back to the room there was a strong odor that hit us. Overall, the stay was very disappointing and wasn't worth the money. I would not recommend this.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Liam P
BWPLUSWilmington, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you Liam P for the feedback from your recent stay at our award winning Best Western Plus. We are truly sorry that your guest experience was not similar to the 110 past TripAdvisor reviews who have rated us either excellent or very good. I truly apologize that you had issues with our layout, as there is not much we can do about the situation... We were newly remodeled a little over a year ago. As far as the front desk experience, I'm sorry you felt like an inconvenience, I am sure that was not intended at all, if you read other reviews we have an awesome staff and we value every single guest. At the time of your stay, we were sold out of the same room type that you had but we did offer you and move you to a different type of room in a different location. Please give us a second chance to earn your business next time travel brings you to the Wilmington/Carolina beach location, safe travels!
Benson, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was traveling for business and needed a centrally located hotel and use of a clean conference room with speedy wifi. Lucky for me my internet search brought me to Best Western Plus on 5600 Carolina Beach Road in Wilmington. From the first moment of speaking with HP, the owner, I could tell this place was most concerned with providing great service. The booking process over the phone and assurance that they could accommodate my needs was most reassuring.

When I arrived I was happy to find that there was a lot of restaurants and things to do in the area.
Upon check in I was given a tour of the hotel and shown the conference room. It was perfect.
I was able to begin work immediately. The service that every member of the staff was second to none. SERIOUSLY!!! These people have great attitudes and went way beyond to make sure that my and my clients needs were more than satisfied. My clients were most impressed. I was there for 4 days and nights. I was so impressed that I had my family meet me and we stayed an additional three nights just to relax and enjoy the area.

My stay with Best Western Plus on 5600 Carolina Beach Road in Wilmington was a wonderful success on the business level and personally as well. So I cannot rate this place high enough.

THANK YOU to HP, Bella, Ashley, Amber, Jessika, Ronald, Tim and Nami too. (forgive me if I forgotten anyone) You are all great and I WILL BE BACK!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi giddensw! Thank you for the "A+++" review and for choosing to stay at our TripAdvisor award winning Best Western Plus. As a business traveler, we are thrilled that our property and staff stands out to you for providing excellent service and accommodations. We take great pride in our cleanliness, customer satisfaction, and available amenities. On behalf of the entire Best Western Plus staff, we thank you and hope to see you again next time travel brings you to Wilmington/Carolina Beach!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I went down for the weekend to be with family. We wanted to be close to the beach, and family too. This was a wonderful stay for us. The hotel is super nice, and the staff is very friendly. Check-in and check-out were super quick. This is the perfect place to stay if you don't need to be right on the beach!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brittany C you are so kind for sharing your recent guest experience with our Best Western Plus. We are so pleased that you guys were pleased with our accommodations as well as our helpful and friendly staff. We hope to see you again next time you come to Wilmington/Carolina Beach!
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

After having a nightmarish experience at the Microtel down the down the road, this Best Western Plus saved our vacation. Wish we had gone here first. Staff was super friendly and helpful, found us a room on very short notice during busy season and even let us check in early. Indoor pool was amazing on rainy days. Full hot breakfast was delicious. Fresh waffles, bacon, eggs, fruit, yogurt, bagels, danishes, etc. Lots to choose from made it easy to accomodate the whole family. Rooms were super clean and well maintained. The only thing that could make it better is if it were closer to the beach. But totally worth the 10 minute drive to save a couple hundred bucks a night! I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Meg W for your kind comment of your recent stay with our Best Western Plus located only a few miles from Carolina Beach. We are so happy that we rescued your vacation and that you enjoyed our hotel and amenities! We hope to earn your business in the future!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Have been doing business with H.P. at Best Western Plus for many years and am always pleased with him and his staff. Sleeping and meeting rooms are very comfortable. Will continue to use this hotel for all my business and pleasure needs in the future. Would not hesitate for one minute to recommend this hotel to friends and business associates. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Catherine G for your fantastic feedback from your recent stays. We appreciate your loyalty to our award winning Best Western Plus. As always, it is our pleasure to earn your business. We look forward to seeing you soon!