MainStay Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn(Wilmington)
View Hotel
All reviewsyogurtking bedfirst floorcarolina beachcouchstovedowntowncomfortnclinens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

In town four days for business and used the Mainstay Suites due to the location of our event. It turned out to be a great location and much more affordable than any property near the coast. Our room was very clean, beds were exceptionally comfortable. Living room and kitchen were spacious. Our couch was not very comfortable but we didn't spend much time in the Living Room anyway. Hotel staff took in our UPS packages and contacted us upon arrival. We even decided to stay an extra couple of days at this hotel for pleasure instead of moving over to the coast.

I would not recommend bringing a family to the property with small children if you need a pool because they share a pool with the sister property across the parking lot. It seemed to us that it was always packed at the pool. Didn't bother us, but this is just my observation. Although this is not a 5* property when compared to other hotels, it was absolutely perfect for our business trip and we will be staying here again when in town on business.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BigMP44
Wilmingtonhotels, Front Office Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We strive to offer every guest a pleasant and relaxing stay and we are pleased that we achieved our goal on your recent visit. We also like that you were able to enjoy the convenience of our location and the various amenities we have to offer. We look forward to offering you exceptional service again on your next trip to the Wilmington area. Once again thank you.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were very disappointed with our stay at MainStay Suites. Our toilet did not work properly and there were no building service workers available so the clerk asked us to use the plunger. In addition, the air conditioning (which is supposedly activated when there is movement in the room) was not working well so the room was rather warm. We would probably not stay at this location again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy G
Wilmingtonhotels, Front Office Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for completing this online review. We strive to offer each of our guest a relaxing and pleasant stay at our hotel and we apologize for failing to meet those expectations on your recent visit. My staff has been informed of these issues and will use your comments to offer future guest a better stay at our hotel. We ask that you visit us in the future to give us another try at offering you a wonderful hotel experience. We apologize once again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was in Wilmington for business and this property was exactly what I needed. The rooms all have full kitchens and are oversized. Very clean property. Nice back patio area with grill and nice landscaping - very relaxing. Good free breakfast each day and only a few miles to the beach. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank odomkim

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. We strive to offer each of our guest a pleasant and relaxing stay whether they are traveling on business or simply taking a weekend getaway to the beach. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will choose the MainStay Suites for your accommodations on your next visit to the Wilmington area.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was looking for somewhere to stay while in town for a funeral and found this hotel. This was an awesome hotel. When saw the hotel online it looked very welcoming, so I decided to book there and when I got in it was only better than I thought. After being on the road for over three hours, I was looking for somewhere to rest and this was more than prefect. Even though my card had already been charged before arriving there was no problem switching the payment to cash. It did take a little while for my card to be refunded though. When I got to the first room, the door had been left open and the light was not working and when I informed the gentleman at the first desk he apologized and moved me to another room without an issue. The rooms here are very spacious and the kitchen it great. The bed were just the right amount of comfort that I needed. The breakfast in the morning was great and it was great that they had a patio outside if anyone wanted to have breakfast outside. I will definitely go back here when I am in Wilmington again and will refer this hotel to anyone I know that is traveling.

Room Tip: Check light before at door before you go in and check to make sure their is no blinking light on temp control.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brittanie J

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy all the amenities our hotel has to offer. We strive to offer each guest a pleasant and relaxing stay. We hope that you will choose the MainStay Suites for your next visit to the Wilmington area. Once again thank you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a very nice hotel and we got to take our beagle with us. The hotel is very clean and roomy. We went down for my daughters graduation at UNCW and had booked this hotel months prior. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the size of the suite. We had a very good rate as well. I will certianly stay here again. I highly recommend this hotel for a nice family vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank thewhatfor

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will choose the MainStay Suites for your next visit to the Wilmington area. Once again thank you.