Stayed for three nights, played golf a few times, intended to play tennis but didn't (more about that later). First, the room: As at least one previous poster noted, though the Web site tries very hard to sell Beau Rivage as an upscale resort, it is basically a motel with a golf course. That doesn't mean it's bad, just that you should know what to expect. The rooms are nice and large -- they are actually suites, with a bedroom, living room and wet bar/kitchenette area. All have a view of the golf course, which is nice. Liked the little balcony. Our closets contained exactly three wire coat hangers. There's a coffeemaker, a microwave (ours was difficult to use, possibly a little broken) and a mini-fridge. However the kitchen area is limited in use because there are no dishes or utensils, so if you want to use the microwave to heat up food, you'll also need to find plates and silverware, plus dishwashing liquid. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The golf course is very good. I thought the tee times were scheduled a little too close together, but other than that, a fine experience for the price. As to tennis: Though the sign at the entrance refers to a "golf and tennis community," the two tennis courts are in disgraceful shape. Cracked all over, with weeds growing everywhere. In short, unplayable. That was a huge disappointment because we had brought racquets and tennis clothes and had hoped to play at least every day. They need to remove any mention of tennis from their Web site -- it is simply false advertising. On the whole, the price and the good parts of Beau Rivage outweigh the drawbacks, and we would go again with a better idea of what to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beau Rivage is situated on a narrow peninsula tucked snugly between the Cape Fear River and Intracoastal Waterway on the outskirts of Hollywood East (historic Wilmington, North Carolina). Aside from an award-winning layout (4 Stars by Golf Digest's Best Places to Play), superb conditioning and renowned greens, the resort also features spacious lodging accommodations and is the only place in the Coastal Carolinas where you can play a championship golf course and stay directly on-site. Guests can literally take a few step out their back door and find themselves at the first tee, practice facilities and amenities. A colonial style clubhouse showcases classically unique event venues, a fully-stocked Pro Shop, conference room and signature "19th Hole" in the Veranda Bar & Grill. Great golf and family hospitality at an unmatched value --- Beau Rivage is the home of true Coastal Carolina "stay and play" golf packages. All just minutes from I-40, Wilmington International Airport, the historic river district and the breathtaking beaches of Pleasure Island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Beau Rivage Golf & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beau Rivage Resort And Golf Club
- Beau Rivage Resort & Golf Club Hotel Wilmington