“Best Ice Cream Downtown!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Velvet Freeze - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Velvet Freeze
Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Ice Cream Downtown!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'm not ashamed to say that I've been here 3 times in one week. The ice cream is absolutely incredible. It's smooth and soft and creamy almost like soft serve. The Nutella and Lavender are my favorite! Must try when you are downtown!

• Visited April 2014

“THEY MOVED!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I really like trying local places. However we never made it to the store. After using GPS to find the posted address which took an interesting turn or two to finally arrive. The window contains a large sign saying that they have moved downtown. We then drive downtown to search but were easily distracted by other more conveniently located sweet shops.

“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

My family had the lemon cream, blueberry sake, Oreo, Nutella, and vanilla. All were amazing. They even had rainbow sprinkles for my daughter's. Of that group, I'd make sure not to miss the lemon.

Visited March 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Best Ice Cream in ILM.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We had the most wonderful experience. Lisa had Monkey Madness: banana with chocolate covered pretzels and I had an unbelievable Toasted Coconut Macaroon that had just been made that the owner, Carl/Karl let me have. FANTASTIC.

• Visited March 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I left wanting to come back the very next day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

In the past, when I've wanted hand scooped ice cream I always make my way to the ever so popular Kilwins. However, one trip to Velvet Freeze had me changing my mind. The flavors were interesting, unique, and full of flavor. The prices aren't bad either! The parking is kind of odd, but the old house the ice cream shop is located in is full of character & there is a nice front porch to lounge on after getting served. Great service too! I would definitely recommend Velvet Freeze to anyone & I'll definitely be back.

What I had: Ice Cream Sandwich. Velvet Freeze's unique take on an ice cream sandwich. First you pick your cookie, I got oreo (it's a HUGE oreo) & then you pick your ice cream (I got Holy Cannoli) and then they make it for you! Delicious & large portion!

• Visited September 2013