Rx Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rx Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 703 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in the old Hall's Drugstore on 5th and Castle
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant. What a find! The menus changes daily, based on whatever fresh items are in season. There were five of us, and we all had different starters. We couldn't decide which we liked best. All were delicious. The scallop and fried green tomato app was delicious. My chilled tomato soup with sweet corn ice cream had just a little heat and so much flavor. One person ordered fried pigs ears which were surprisingly good. The beet salad was enormous and delicious. My husband had the pork belly and grits, which had an egg on top and was excellent. The entrees were equally good, with a delicious shrimp and grits as my order. We look forward to returning.

1  Thank LoisNCNY

Reviewed 29 June 2013

This was our first time at the restaurant and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meal. I chose the Shrimp & Grits and loved it. Also had scallop appetizer that was equally as good. Loved the atmosphere and also liked that you could park on the side or back of the building. Our server was very attentive and I liked that we were not rushed. Will certainly go back since we are local.

1  Thank ILMBeaches
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Popped in on a Sunday to say hello to friends having brunch. Great atmosphere. Friendly service. Wish they were open for lunch on weekends, as we are usually in town for the day or passing through.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Food is quite good, service plenty good enough, prices are not so bad. I've eaten here 2 times. Both times I've eaten at the bar/counter area. There is plenty of parking, plenty of seating, there is no outside seating here. I really appreciate that this restaurant works with local farmers to try and keep their business local. You cannot go wrong eating at RX, it's on Castle Street, the Antique Store District in Wilmington!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We tried Rx because old friends' son is chef and reviews were good. What a wonderful dining experience! I had the sheepshead and clam entree and husband had the pork chop. My fish was perfect...flakey and flavorful in a delicious broth and the pork chop was really about the best pork chop I have ever tasted...great smokey flavor. The crispy ears were very good as was the creme brûlée. We can't wait to go back to Wilmington just so we can eat at Rx!