“Average”

Blue Asia Asian Bistro
Ranked #118 of 669 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Skip the "fried rice", it's rice with soy sauce, disappointing. I do like the won ton soup. Broth is good with a thinner won ton noodle. Beef pepper steak was average. Wish I could say it was better!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gayle C

Castle Hayne
“Don't buy a gift card at this place!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I had lunch here with my youngest son today. I decided to use a gift card that my oldest son had given me for Christmas. First, there was a handmade sign on the door which read "hostess wanted." No big deal but I have always avoided restaurants with help wanted signs on the door.
We were seated quickly but the restaurant was not busy. Chad was our waiter and he was excellent. We had the "all you can eat sushi" and it did not disappoint. All of our selections were fresh and very good. Chad made sure we had everything we needed.
My problem was when I tried to pay. I gave my gift card and a sizable cash tip to Chad for payment of the bill. He came back and asked how much money was on the gift card. I had checked the day before online and the value was $50.00. The "hostess" immediately came to me and said they could not take the gift card because it did not have a managers signature on the card! I informed her that I had never heard of such a thing and she offered to call the manager at home because she was off today! She handed me a cell phone and the person on the line told me they could not accept the card!! This could have been anyone on the phone! The card has the restaurants name, address and phone number and has a magnetic strip that you can scan on the back. I informed her that it was a Christmas gift from my 30 year old son and as a respected 50+ year old business man I would never try to scam any restaurant for a lunch!! This will be my one and only visit to this restaurant. With customer service this bad and zero management present at the site I suspect they will loose many more patrons. DO NOT BUY A GIFT CARD FROM THIS ESTABLISHMENT!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank 845JeffreyB
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“All you can eat SUSHI!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

O..m...geeeee I LOVE THIS PLACE! My husband and I go often for the all-you-can-eat sushi lunch. Its not crappy buffet style, where your'e not sure how long the sushi has been sitting there, or whose gross germy hands have touched it, but its made to order! The sushi is amazing, and I get cranky when we have to leave. You wouldn't think it looks like a good place from the outside, but that saying "don't judge a book by its cover" couldn't be more true in this case. I do have some advice- if you do the all-you-can-eat, when they bring you your first order, order your next round AT THAT TIME! Then, your next order of sushi will come as you're finishing up your first order. I have to stop writing now because my mouth is watering... headed to blue asia

• Visited February 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

You would never know this was a good place by the looks of the shopping center it's in. Very well set up, and very nice looking. The hostesses are always friendly and attentive. The sushi is good, but I'd steer clear of the all-you-can-eat. When they first opened, they were very slow, so I know they did that to draw people in, but it's not really the best way to do it. They offer multiple rolls for very reasonable prices, so stick with that. My wife and I also love to share the garlic chicken. To me, that's the best dish on the menu. It's not like the usual dish you get at other Chinese restaurants. Large slices of garlic, perfectly cooked vegetables, and amazing sauce. The wait staff can be hit or miss, but overall they are friendly. I would definitely recommend Blue Asia.

• Visited January 2014
Wilmington, NC
“Unique and Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Stopped into Blue Asia for lunch while in Wilmington on errands. I decided on the Endless Sushi lunch for $11.95. What a fun idea! The Endless menu contains soups, salads, dim sum, tempura, rices and sushi. All is made fresh to your order and you may have whatever you want on the Endless menu and as much as you want and it is brought hot and fresh to your table. Do not be a pig, however, or you will be charged regular price for any food you leave. This is a fine idea. Nobody should ever take more food than they can sensibly eat and this policy allows Blue Asia to protect themselves against wasteful patrons. Give them a try for lunch. I can highly recommend the Crab Rangoon dim sum!

• Visited December 2013