“Our slice of paradise!”

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We've been fortunate to be living across from this island for almost six months. We have visited when its been rainy and we've had the island to ourselves and when it's been sunny an we've had to share it with 1,000s! It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to and I hope it always stays this pristine.

5  Thank NcJojo

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I took a boat ride with a friend and some of her friends. Before we picked them up, I was driven to Masonboro Island Reserve where the inlet at the North Beach, Paradise Island meets. Now, I come from northern NY State at the east end of Lake Ontario and the headwaters of the St. Lawrence River and Canada. There are lots of touristy areas on the "River" and boat traffic is crazy in the summer at the 1000 Islands area of the river. Not nearly so as it was on the ICW July 4th!! I truly understand why boatowners don't like to let anyone pilot their vessels!

4  Thank ChapWehrle
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We paddled and back over in a wicked wind, but it was worth it. We walked on the beach and saw horseshoe crab (remains), lots of shells and driftwood....and sunglasses, goggles, cooler parts and other unidentifiable debris. I was pretty amazed at how much detritus was on the beach. Lots of boats on the ICW side but the only people we saw beach side were two girls dropped off by a jetski...it was that empty on Thursday afternoon. Avoid immediately before and after major holidays as it is reputed to be a dump after locals go out there and 'celebrate'.

7  Thank 2Whitakers
Reviewed 26 April 2013

A fine example of NC barrier island beauty and charm. Salt air and sand framed with a blue sky and a rythmic report of the ocean....truly a beautiful spot.

6  Thank Ray S