“Aweful- skip this place”
Review of Bourbon Street

Bourbon Street
Ranked #310 of 709 Restaurants in Wilmington
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 21 March 2014

went here for dinner and it wasn't busy, the service was really slow! The waitress said everything was scratch made IT"S NOT. I ordered the grilled blackened catfish and it only came with one side I chose the green beans witch I was told they were fresh-they weren't they were canned. I'm sorry but for the price you're vegetables shouldn't come from a can, you can do that at home. The portion was small for the price. I left hungry and the meal wasn't good. My sister ordered the Jambalaya. What she got was a little over a lot of mushy rice. She had only ONE piece of shrimp....ONE and 2 pieces of sausage a little chicken and was not at all happy with it. It was very bland. You have to be drunk to appreciate this food so if you are going to eat here hit the bar hard first.

1  Thank Anjie2014

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The service here was slow and it wasn't busy. They messed up on our order so it took even longer. We were told the food here was made from scratch and it's not. I ordered the blackened catfish and the portion was small for the price. My green beans were canned. I'm sorry but I feel if you are eating out at a restaurant your vegetables shouldn't come from a can, you can do that at home and not for that price. My sister ordered the Jambalaya and she got a little bit over a lot of mushy rice, there was only one piece of shrimp in it!! ONE. and a little bit of chicken and 2 pieces of sausage. The food was bland and below average. I don't recommend this restaurant to anyone and will not be going back.

1  Thank Anjie W
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The food is terrible...not well seasoned or well prepared. Seems like it is warmed up from frozen pre-purchased food.
Drinks are good...atmosphere is fun. I would not eat here again..but if you just want to stop in for a drink..it is great.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The beer selection is average with only a couple draft styles beyond the usual commercial offerings. Food was OK. Grilled chicken salad: good chicken, moist and tasty. The lettuce was sad -mescaline that was wilted and soggy. And there was not much of it.
The red beans and rice was a better choice. Spicy and a nice size portion. It was good.
Service is OK - nothing special.
Prices seem high for this food.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We were greeted by Scott who seemed to be everywhere all the time. He sat us, took our order, cashed out checks, and managed the front end all at the same time and didn't even write our order down on paper! Try the everything potato soup. Top-notch! I had fried oyster po' boy and it was delish, the burger my son-in-law had was very good, not pink like he asked for, but good nonetheless. My daughter had fried shrimp and was very satisfied. Our sodas were refilled and we were not charged and the coffee was strong and tasty. My grandson had grilled cheese, but was too tired to eat it, but it looked very good. The place was gearing up for New Year's eve and the décor was right from Nawlins! We'd definitely go back. Oh, and the music was finger snapping and toe tapping great. Great place.