“Best sushi in town”

Sunny Sushi & Lounge
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Sushi Bar - Thai - Hibachi - Fusion Bowls Hr change. Saturday open 12:00 noon-10:00pm Sunday open 12:00 noon-8:30pm Friday open 10:00am-10:00pm Every thing else stay the same please Change right away! And hour is not post on the main page.
Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sushi in town”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

If there's one place to try in Wilmington, it's this place. The owners are very friendly and their food is top quality. In addition, they have a number of southern inspired sushi rolls which are incredible!

1 Thank Rachacha9

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Best Sushi in Wilmington, and elsewhere!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I'm on a five-month stay in Wilmington, and Sunny Sushi is one of the first places I tried when I arrived two months ago... And I've been back every weekend since. Not only is it the best sushi in Wilmington (I tried a few other places during a previous trip here), but it beats a lot of the sushi places I frequent at home in Los Angeles. The wait staff is extremely friendly, and Sunny himself always has a joke and a smile for me, as well as various sushi recommendations. I highly recommend Special Combo #1 or 2. You get so much food for a very low price. Both combos are a variation of two rolls and chef's choice sushi and sashimi, and Sunny always chooses nice, fresh fish for me. My favorite rolls are the Baked Blue Crab Roll, Spicy Combo Roll, Carolina Blue, and the Dynamite Tuna roll. Thanks to Sunny, I also had blue marlin sushi for the first time ever, and it's my probably now my favorite piece of sushi ever. They will soon be expanding the restaurant to include hibachi tables and Thai food, but for now I very much recommend a visit to have some sushi here.

Greenfield, Massachusetts
“So delicious!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here our first night in Wilmington - we were craving sushi! This place was amazing! We had 3 maki rolls and the Rock and Roll roll - delicious. Waitress was very pleasant. Clean inside, clean bathrooms as well. My husband liked it so much, he went back 2 days later while I was at a bachelorette party. The owner remembered him and talked to him as they were preparing the rolls. Definitely a great place. My husband also had the beef Pho - his first time - and he loved that as well. Lots of choices in regards to sushi rolls.

Wallace, North Carolina
“Best sushi in Wilmington”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Of all the sushi restaurants in Wilmington, Sunny Sushi & Lounge is by far the best!!
The fish is always fresh and even their salad with homemade ginger dressing is delicious.
Although we live about 40 minutes away, it is always worth the trip to dine at one of Wilmington's finest.!!

Jackie & Jerry

“Best Sushi Ever!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I kid you not, I've eaten here 5-6 times in a week. During the snow storm, I bought 12 rolls to go for myself; just so I could eat sushi in hibernation. I recommend this sushi place over any sushi place on the East Coast. Go try their food!