“Hope you're not in a hurry...”
Review of The Pub - CLOSED

The Pub
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Pub is the only Wilmington, NC burger restaurant to grind its own meet fresh daily on-site. Fresh just tastes better, come in to experience it for yourself! Still not convinced, took a look at the gallery for a small selection of the different burgers we create daily! FRESH JUST TASTES BETTER!
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We ended up at this restaurant on a Saturday afternoon after basically being turned away at the Sweet & Savory Cafe next door. We had a dog with us and wanted to sit on their pet-friendly patio, but were told they had only one server out there and had just seated two tables, so.... (suggesting wait times would be lengthy and/or service poor). We didn't want to leave the dog in the car so we could sit inside (which seemed our only option at that point), so we took the hostess' suggestion of going to the pub (owned by the same owners) next door. When we walked into the pub to be seated, we were immediately hit with the stale beer smell (just an FYI if you choose to sit inside). We were seated quickly on the patio (nice patio, but it's right next to a pretty busy road, so traffic noise is a little bit of a distraction), drinks arrived fairly quickly (but were never refilled from that point on) and food arrived fairly quickly as well. One in our group ordered a Quesadilla. When it arrived, she asked for extra salsa and the server's response was, "Well, there's kind of already some on the plate..." The idea didn't seem open for discussion, so we let it go. Two friends had BLT's, which they enjoyed and I had the short rib burrito, which was good. The "buffalo chips" (a cross between a french fry and a potato chip) were good, but were lukewarm when they arrived. We had eaten our meal and were ready for the check within a half hour or so of our arrival. That's when the slow service kicked in. In all, it took about 20-25 minutes from the time we saw the server and asked for the check until we were finally able to pay and leave. Had I been in a beer-drinking mood, I might have had a better experience, but I don't think I'd go back.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Our visit on August 19 was our 4th visit this summer. Each time we go to UNCW, we stop by for their huge selection of beers, and nice wine too, and their Mexican foods. We like to share this unpretentious, very friendly atmosphere with others who have driven 8 hours, as we have from MD. We have never been disappointed in their offerings and the service has always been friendly and efficient with good, hot tasty food. Fish tacos, quesadillas, tacos, burgers and good fries. No, it's not as fancy as it's restaurant side, but it's not supposed to be! It's a pub, by name, and a nice relaxed place to relax after a long day! We will continue to visit each time we are at UNCW visiting our daughter and granddaughter.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

although this is called a pub, its by Sweet and Savory and that's a good thing. the Caribbean Tuna was excellent and one of my faves is the short ribs quesadilla. they also had Hoppyum and Founders all day IPA on tap which made me happy! inside you'll find a few arcade games and an iTunes juke box. sitting outside is nice and relaxing although the music Friday night was not needed. sometimes quiet and being able to catch up with friends is a good thing. also it was just too early for music, no one was paying attention.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Terrible service, all of the waiters looked dirty with these dirty high socks. But when it came to the food, I was appalled. The "side caesar salad" was just soggy lettuce, no cheese, no croutons. And the burrito with shrimp that I ordered was covered in a disgusting salsa which made the whole burrito soggy and it just fell apart. The beer selection was okay, but the bartender took a very long time finding the beers we ordered. She had to leave the bar to ask someone where to find them in the cooler. Highly disappointed. No management was around to speak with either.

Robert S, Owner at The Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

I am really sorry to hear about your horrible service and have spoken to my manager who was on duty that day. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention to properly speak to them about how UNACCEPTABLE it is to allow a customer like you to be treated this way. I have taken actions to rectify this and hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Ok....I gave this place a thrice chance...beings its @ the beach & all. But, NO....thrice, round........did the soup, did the "Fish " tacos, shrimp bubba...something. Best thing bout this place was beer on tap, take away pecan mini pies, keylime pies & some sort of non.gluten brownie. We ate those all the way to p.Hurst. (2.5 hrs.) I am "done here. "