“overrated”

Ranked #183 of 686 Restaurants in Wilmington
Wilmington, North Carolina
“overrated”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I think you either love it or hate it. I'm not a fan. Keith Rhodes' restaurant became uber trendy after his several weeks as a food network star. I've been there for lunch twice and dinner once. I won't be going back. I have some food allergies and the spicy menu doesn't work for me. At lunch I was able to get a piece of plain broiled fish. At dinner the waitress told me "We don't have time for that."

I took visiting family for a special dinner between Christmas and New Year's. The restaurant was busy and the waitress was frazzled. I found her downright rude and unhelpful. One of our party requested a glass of port after dinner, and asked specifically for an amber port. The waitress plunked several bottles down on the table, told him to choose, and scurried off. When his glass of port arrived, it was filled with sediment. He told the waitress and she replied that it was supposed to be like that. He finally went out the bar and had the port removed from the bill.

Folks seem to like the food, and perhaps it is special, but this is a pricey place and I expect the service to be as good as the food.

• Visited December 2012

“ONLY REVIEW WE'VE EVER TAKEN TIME TO WRITE.”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

The service was fantastic. Christina was our waitress and was attentive to every need. We had the Marlborough Sauvignon blanc and block 9 Pinot noir, both were fabulous. Our appetizers were the firecracker shrimp(a much more flavorful and better version of bang bang shrimp) and blue crab claw special appetizer in a white roux. Both were phenomenal. I had the grouper special for dinner, Webb had the drunken angry lobster (see photos). The grouper special was cooked to perfection, most moist and powerful serving of grouper I've ever had. His lobster was the best lobster either of us had ever tasted. We finished with guava creme brûlée and banana creme brûlée. The guava was a fruity decadent version of creme brûlée-amazing! The banana creme brûlée tasted like a creme brûlée version of the dankest homemade banana pudding. Everything was perfect, including the salmon pimiento cheese spread for the bread. This review does not do our dinner justice, ask for Christina and don't miss out on catch!

• Visited August 2013