“crowded”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a large group that was accommodated, but we were in the middle of the dining room so that was awkward. Not optimal for large group, better for smaller gatherings. The food is amazing! I had the filet mignon and it was fabulous. Our table had a range of food and everyone enjoyed their meal. We also had a few apps so no matter which one you choose you cannot go wrong!

1  Thank ncp42

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Eating on the road usually means a Neal at the bar since having a solo taking up a table usually isn't the best use of the table. Granted it was a Thursday night but the hostess and the manager couldn't have been nicer and immediately offered me a table. Then I got lucky again getting Sally as my server.the service was impeccable. Sally's suggestions regarding a couple of the dishes were spot on. I had the tuna sashimi and it was plentiful and delicious. A small salad came with the entree and it was generous and had many ingredients. Not simply lettuce and tomato. And it was all crispy and fresh. The ribeye special was well presented, cooked exactly as I ordered and smothered with cartelized onions on a bedding of mashed potatoes with a side of vegetables that were steamed nicely. It was also a treat that I could order a bottle of wine and rake the remainder with me. The 2012 Gascon Malbec was full bodied with flavors of berries and fruit. A very nice companion to my steak. Other reviewers mentioned this was a pricey place. The wine menu was full of choices and almost all could be had by the glass. My bottle only cost $28. Not bad. The meal itself wasn't terribly overpriced. The entrees were many and varied and not all were expensive. I didn't have any but the salmon was touted as very good by friends who who had eaten there before. I'll be returning to the area and won't hesitate to eat here again, especially if Sally is still there. She had the right amount of chit chat and suggestions to compliment the evening! Sometimes when I'm eating solo the server takes umbrage that I'm taking up the table. Sally was great.

1  Thank Rick A
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Superb food, we like the hamburgers at lunch and the prime rib in the evenings, but their salads and other food is also excellent. Service is very polished and management appears to be exceptional , it's a happy place and we love their music.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Dined with another couple. Seafood, Lamb, pork, steak. We tried them all. Excellent atmosphere and service. Worth the price. Bar tender and waitress were very patient in helping us select the perfect bottle of wine.

1  Thank VandCWatson
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We found the Port City Chop House to be very good. The menu selections were pretty extensive, and covered meat, seafood, pasta, and more. The food was well prepared and delicious. The service was very good, attentive and helpful. I'd highly recommend it!

1  Thank mlowder500