“Great service, delicious gyro, avoid the salad”

The Riverboat Landing
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Water
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Great service, delicious gyro, avoid the salad”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This restaurant, as you have probably guessed, is right on the river. Our large party was seated upstairs in the banquet room and we did not have to wait long for a table. The waitstaff was very attentive. The fried pickles were a big hit and my husband and I split a gyro which was delicious. My only complaint was that I was served a Greek salad that appeared to have been made the day before. The cucumbers and artichokes had passed their prime so I sent it back. A good salad should always be freshly tossed, right?

Sanford, North Carolina
“A Good Choice”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We ducked in here to escape the rain; the menu looked interesting. We were more than pleased with our meal. Aroncini appetizer which we shared was delicious. Basil/Spinach Ravioli was awesome and abundant; great choice w/a nice glass of wine. Nice location at the river front and very pleasant atmosphere and service.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Wonderful lunch & even better ambience!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My fiance' and I ate here 2 days after he proposed when we were in Wilmington. We were wanting something romantic and loved that they had tables for 2 that overlooked the river. We stopped in for lunch and to our surprise the manager asked us to come back in 15 minutes because they got kind of slammed. We were put off by this but still went back. The manager was then very accommodating and even gave us each a free drink for coming back. He was so nice and our food was awesome! I can be picky but I had a pasta dish that was to die for. My fiance had a Carolina BBQ sandwich that he said was awesome as well!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank greenseaturtle27
Arlington, Virginia
“Lovely location and staff can't make up for the food”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Maybe it's not fair to write a review based on just one lunch service, but here goes anyway. We ordered a crab cake sandwich and an eggplant Parmesan sub, and both foods smacked of a prefab Sysco product. They could not possibly have been made in-house, and if they were, that is an even worse condemnation. The oddly uniformly shaped crab cake was, in the words of my dining companion, "the worst crab cake I have ever tasted." My panko-crusted eggplant sub was so poorly fried that grease dripped copiously at every bite. The sub came with a lovely, fresh side salad of greens that had a very nice vinaigrette but was way overdressed -- it was completely coated with oil. On the plus side: If you are lucky, you can snag an outdoor balcony table on the second floor with a great view of the river. And the staff is very nice and helpful. Service is fast and efficient. Soft drinks get free refills. But the food -- at least based on my lunch -- is mediocre to poor. I'd never eat there again.

1 Thank BillCollector
Swansboro, North Carolina
“Excellent food and great views”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I do not normally write a review for a restaurant but the I have to comment on the riverboat landing my husband and I visited wilmington over the weekend and stopped here for lunch and I am so glad we did it was one of the best lunches I have had,the service was great the food was excellent and the views from our outdoor table were nice we will definitely be back next time we are in the area.

1 Thank Rene H