“Great food and awesome service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

RuckerJohns Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 666 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great food and awesome service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I had dinner here while on vacation. We were kindly greeted at the hostess stand and taken to a table right away. Our waitress was good at here job and very helpful when we asked about local attractions. It was our first time in the area and she took time to tell us about things to do. Not to mention our food was very good. My steak was cooked perfect and the flavor was wonderuful. I highly recommend this place!

• Visited June 2014

Greenville, North Carolina
“Santa Fe Chicken is my favorite!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I always order the Santa Fe chicken and love it! The spicy black beans and melted cheese with tangy ranch is so good! I get side salad (good, but pretty simple) and sweet potato fries (yum), but you can order any 2 sides. Only side I do not like is the Mac and cheese. It is bland and reminds me of a terrible box kind, I hated it because. I expected it to be homemade for some reason. Their ranch dressing is by far the best I have ever had. I dip my chicken and sweet potato fries in it, just can't get enough! Eve, our waitress tonight, was great!

• Visited June 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Consistently Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I frequent this restaurant. When we have out of town guests we also usually bring them here as well. The food and service is consistently good . My husband loves their ribs and I usually choose different items, seafood, salads, and pasta.
The only thing I would recommend is that they offer a wet napkin or additional wetnaps when people order the ribs. They never offer more napkins other than the cloth one you get with your place setting, and when we ask they give us square bar napkins.

Visited June 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“not super, but definitely decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

It's kind of hard to tell what the target audience of this place is. That being said, the food is nothing super spectacular, and it's not priced like it either. The food is also not bad either. It's a quick meal with good service and pleasant staff. The menu is diverse enough that anyone can find something they like. Definitely did like the croissant with the salad though.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank BrianinMD
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Great staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Our group, 16, enjoyed a very nice evening together at Rucker John's and were served by a fantastic staff. Being a large group is a challenge in getting orders in and out, and accurate. This staff did it! The food was stated by most of our group as being superior! Personally, I felt the breaded shrimp was below the standard expected of this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014