“A pleasant experience”

Courtyard Wilmington Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

From the initial phone call to make the reservation, to the moment we left, everything was wonderful. Special thanks to Sean R. He was welcoming and smiling and made sure we had everything we needed. The beds are fabulous. The rooms are modern and the bathrooms are even great looking and have a fan!! (Why don't all hotels have this??)
Quiet, great air conditioning and comfy pillows added to me wanting to stay longer. There's an amazing pool on second floor, it's really nice and there's a fire pit alongside to warm up after you get out, or just to sit and relax with a glass of wine. I also appreciated the guest laundry. Valet is available although we chose to self park. You can walk to everything within minutes. Great restaurants everywhere. So overall it's a great hotel. The best as far as modern in the downtown area. Probably in all of Wilmington. (Still in bed as I'm writing this. Too comfy to leave !!)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Tom U, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Our beds are wonderful! I am glad that you enjoyed a restful night sleep. Our pool and fire pit are great. I am so happy that our guest's are enjoying them. We love being downtown and there is so much to do! I will be sure to tell Sean how much you enjoyed working with him. He truly is wonderful. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Wilmington!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in a king room. The room was large with a huge and very comfortable bed. The whole hotel is very modern and clean and there is a lovely pool and courtyard area. The staff were very helpful, especially the lady on the front desk who decided to move us to a nicer room than the one we had originally been allocated (not at our request which was very thoughtful of her) and also the very friendly man at the valet desk who gave me directions to the car garage.
The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the riverfront and even nearer to some of the bars and restaurants around Market Street. The hotel is also about 20 minutes drive from Wrightsville Beach which is lovely (bring change to pay the meter if you are driving!).
Parking is $8 per day (self-parking) at the garage opposite the hotel. There is also valet parking

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BristolKiki

I am glad to see that you enjoued your stay and our wonderful city and beaches! Thank you for the kind words regarding our team. I will be sure to pass that on. We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next trip!

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Upscale hotel, charming town, great restaurant options, by the river. We were on our way south and stopped for one night here. Immaculate hotel with helpful front desk associates, suites were spacious,

1  Thank beach4me088

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and Downtown. We hope to Welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I recently stayed here on my first visit to Wilmington. The hotel is new, is in a fantastic location making it very easy to walk to many restaurants and bars, and the staff was very friendly. Side note, loved the big shower! Someone mentioned they heard loud music during their stay, I am not sure where their room was but I did not hear a thing while staying here. $8 a night self parking was pretty good too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 4theluvofwanderlust
Tom U, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I am glad that yo enjoyed your visit to Wilmington, NC. Thank you for staying with us and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Wilmington, NC.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I love staying in Marriotts and this one was no exception! The staff were attentive, the room was stylish/comfortable/upscale, and the location was perfect. You aren't in the middle downtown, but you're just a quick few minute drive to front street or an easy bicycle ride to the water front. Wish we could have stayed longer!

1  Thank medafrunner
Tom U, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and to our hotel. Marriott prides itself our making our guests experience memorable. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our family of 4 stayed at The Courtyard Marriott - Downtown Historic District in Wilmington NC for the weekend of relatives wedding. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. We were lucky enough to snag a suite-like room ( not sure what they call this room) but it had a king size bed in the bedroom area, and a pull-out couch in the living area. The entryway was big enough for a roll-away. The room was lovely and the best mattress I have ever slept on. There were 2 TV's, a nice desk area, and a wardrobe type closet with plenty of hangers and HOOKS!!! ( one of my pet peeves with most hotels...not enough places to hang wet towels or robes.) The bathroom was spotless and a great walk in shower. It was nice to have the little refrigerator to store our wine and drinks and yogurt. We didnt use the pool, but it looked fine and the fire pit seemed like a nice hangout in the evening. One of my daughters reported that the fitness room was just fine. The desk staff were friendly and helpful- a special shout-out to Alli!!! Also the guys working out front helping with luggage and parking were so happy and friendly We self-parked in the lot/garage around the corner at $8/day. There is a bistro type place to eat in the lobby, but we did not use it. The rest of the lobby was large with lots of comfy chairs and couches and tables.
This hotel is so convenient to the popular Riverwalk and to lots of shops and restaurants. We walked everywhere and enjoyed a powerwalk along the river in the morning.
I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Would definitely stay here again. Ideal location. We did not experience any noise from our 4th floor room. The rooms do not have a safe in them. I think this should be pretty standard and it would have been nice to have one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank susea39

Oh… Thank you…We love you too! Thank you for the kind words… Alli is truly wonderful and makes a great addition to our team! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Wilmington!

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Whatever you do please do not stay at this hotel unless you want to listen to loud booty shaking club music all night. Great hotel but it is not worth paying money to lose sleep. There is a night club next door and the music is unbearable. I hate night clubs and I really wish that someone would have informed us. Cant wait to checkout!!!!!! Never again!!!!

5  Thank katina l

Thank you so much for your helpful feedback. I'd love to follow up with you personally about your experience. The bar across the street has moved. Please give me a call as soon as you have the time and inclination, 910-632-2900.