“Best True Italian Food in Wilmington”

Osteria Cicchetti - MONKEY JUNCTION
Ranked #102 of 711 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2014

There are many (what I like to call) pseudo Italian restaurants all over Wilmington. They try to be authentic, but cannot. This place is not one of them. Growing up in an Italian family in NJ, I know Italian food and OC has some of the best the area has to offer. I have tried many dishes on the menu and have never been disappointed. Their pasta and sauces are delicious with the bolognese being one of the best I have ever tasted. Their pizza is hands down the best in Wilmington. It is not your "American Pizza Shop" type that you get in every other place in town. It is authentic....the true way pizza is served in Italy. And the desserts are HUGE, homemade and incredible! Order 1 to share and you will not be disappointed.
The atmosphere is an open bistro style reminiscent of the open European style bistros so if it is crowded it can be a bit noisy, but that is to be expected. The bar is large with a great variety of on tap beers, great wine and great bartenders. The staff here is always friendly, attentive and will go out of their way for you.
If you know and love Italian food, there is nowhere else you should go.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Nice Menu. Great food, wait-staff. Can be a little noisy but not too bad. Drinks, appetizers, meals all excellent. Did not try desserts but they sounded fantastic.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

A great date place with lots of great details that make it feel Italian and special. The Eggplant Parm was the best I have had and everyone at the table loved their meals. Our server was attentive but unobtrusive. The ambiance was rustic, yet elegant with jazz playing in the background. This will be on my short list of local favorites!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I guess I am a glutton for punishment on last and 3rd visit, I went for dinner tonight and I order the filet mignon rare, it came out Medium well, and was only a $3.00 filet not a filet mignon and tasted so bad I could not eat it. I truly believe that it was the worse meal I have ever paid for. I voice this to all the managers. There is no customer service. All you get is oh well here is your bill have a good night. The other visit where as bad i keep believing they would get better.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

went there sat nite for a friends birthday. They did a nice job of seating us(5) without a reservation. Waitress was very nice and the food arrived without too much delay. Being on a no carb diet, I ordered a marinara sauce with meatballs sausage and clams. It was very delicious. Everyone seemed to enjoy the food, but I don't think I would go there again because as classy as it was it was also expensive. Giorgios is around the corner and for the price. you can't beat it.
Everything a la carte and when I asked for a birthday "something" they sent out a great desert and charged full price.
The bar had a great selection of beers