“Absolutely perfect!”
Review of Hotel Riverwalk

Hotel Riverwalk
Ranked #3 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2012

When my conference's block of rooms was sold out, I quickly turned to TripAdvisor and wasn't disappointed with this venue. Actually, it was much preferred compared to the conference's hotel.

Not only is this place charming (I had room 6, the blue room), but every detail is attended to. They even provide a special hand towel for us make-up wearers. I love staying in places that provide both a mini fridge and coffee maker.

There are numerous outdoor patios to enjoy on the lovely, cool evenings to either read, take your laptop, or just enjoy a glass of wine.

The innkeepers are most accommodating and keep the place in great shape.

Plus, the Inn was a short, lovely walk into the historic downtown area.

I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay for my first visit to charming Wilmington!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jodyc06

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I enjoyed the most wonderful accommodations with the most accommodating of innkeepers. Michael Pryor (Innkeeper) and DJ were gracious and helpful from the moment I walked in. Everything was clean and well-maintained including all common areas, the outside sitting area, my room, my bathroom, everything! The biggest surprise was the beautiful kitchen where I was provided with anything a person could want for breakfast. I would recommend this location and this innkeeper to anyone who wants to have a comfortable and relaxing stay in downtown Wilmington. It is all the luxury of a hotel, with the convenience of a B&B where you can come and go at any hour with an electronic key and not feel like you are disturbing anyone. It is within walking distance to everything downtown, you have a secure parking spot in the back where you can leave your car for your entire stay OR it is convenient to the beach and to the UNC-W campus. Perfect accommodations for parents, family, and friends of UNC-W graduates or students. I loved it! I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RelaxationMcGee
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We chose the Clarendon Inn through Trip Advisor, and we were not disappointed. This is a wonderful place to stay when visting Wilmington. Michael, the Innkeeper, his wife and staff are so welcoming and absolutely lovely, providing us with all sorts of information during our 3 day stay, they were so helpful.

Our room, the Green Room, was stunning, elegant yet relaxed with a very comfortable bed, beautiful decor and a great bathroom and shower. The Inn is spotless.

We loved the extra touches, Gilchrist and Soames Shower and Bath products, complimentary water, ice when we needed it, and a range of glasses and utensils for the use of guests.
The business centre had a good supply of guide books, novels, dvds etc...and access to the intenet was free.

The breakfasts are more than adequate and Michael's spicy tomato juice was a big hit for us, as were the Morning Star vegetarian sausage patties (cooked by a secret method!).

The Clarendon has a lovely rear garden seating area and front outside porch, with swing seats and water features, where you can enjoy and evening drink and watch the world go by.

We would not hesitate to recommend this lovely, lovely accommodation to anyone who is looking to stay somewhere with individuality, style, and character, on site parking and all the comforts you could possibly want (or need) during your stay in Wilmington!

Room Tip: We didn't experience any noise from our room - all rooms are ground floor, and all decorated in...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CathieB
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My time there was thoroughly delightful. My room was large and lovely, with all the conveniences such as fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. I was there for a three-day reunion with friends from high school and we were given a "Bonus Room" where we could visit and talk, over snacks. Our innkeeper Michael, his wife Glenda, and their charming chihuahua, Dame Judi, all made our visit very special. For breakfast, Michael fixed us hard-boiled eggs, biscuits, vegetarian sausage, plus coffee, juices, yogurt, peanut butter, and toast: Truly sumptuous! The location was superb, minutes walk from waterfront restaurants. There was even a place near by where I could get my New York Times! As a professor my grade is : A plus! Fairfid M. Caudle

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed good, with unique decor for each.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is my favourite place for over 2 years now. Every time I'm staying here I'm in another room and each of them are decorated different, so lovely, and lets not forget clean!
The innkeeper, Michael, and his staff are making you feel at home! Nothing is too much for him, like that time he took me to late night shopping when my luggae did not arrive and I had to dress up for a meeting the next day.

Room Tip: All of them are fine, each having a different style.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jakobknol
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Our 2 night stay was wonderful. Michael, the Inn keeper, was charming, available, and knowlegable. Transportation choices were terrific and many interests within walking distance. Rooms are lovely and very clean and lots of special touches.
Mary and Dick

Room Tip: a couple rooms are quite small. we had the only 2 bed room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed 30 March 2012

A very attractive room, genial innkeeper, location in the heart of historic Wilmington. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Each room is unique--use the website to see a 360 view of each room and pick what looks good to you...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple