“Nice Condo, but not internet access”
other travellers have booked this property
looking out on the balcony
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
looking out on the balcony
your view from the balcony
historic cobblestone streets
Night time
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
CTKoehrse...
Dallas, Texas
“Worth a stay, just be prepared.”
Reviewed 21 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017
people found this review helpful

I'd give this 3.5 stars if I could. A couple things kept it from being a five star rating.

This was a tough to rate place. In my book, to get five stars, it has to be perfect or so much greater than expected or something that really just knocks your socks off. This place didn't get there on anything like that.

It's a very solid vacation rental in a great location for Cape Fear River area of downtown Wilmington. The unit itself gets four stars. It would have to be completely renovated for me to award 5 stars. Everything more or less worked, with caveats. We were there when it was really cold. Heater worked and turned on well but unevenly heated the place. Bedroom really warm and living area fairly cool. Queen size mattress on king size frame made for awkward exit from bed at times. Two huge new TVs were nice, although remotes need batteries checked and trying to figure out the seemingly mismatched 3 remotes for two identical TVS but different video sources was challenging for me, and forget the wife even trying.

This place has a great looking balcony with a great view of Cape fear River and USS North Carolina berthed across the river. Unfortunately, it was so cold, we didn't even open the door to the balcony, let alone get to enjoy what is most likely a great experience in better weather. No point reductions for weather.

Kitchen was clean and does have typical rental type collection of utensils and kitchenware. It has a larger mini fridge and multi-purpose Microwave/convection type oven? Didn't use. And a sink The place is clean but older, so big gaps in front doorway, and older furnishings, while functional, gave it a dated feel. Not a big deal for us, but why I would take off .75 star.

The other deduction I give is for the communication and check-in instructions. I booked through TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals and they handle the booking and payment process nicely and efficiently. they set you up with an internal email with the owner for communications. The only communications I would get from the owner was canned thank you's for making the payments on time. Over the course of several weeks before the arrival, I sent emails to the owner for check-in instructions. Never heard back. O couple days before arrival, still no word and started getting a little worried. I ended up working through TripAdvisor for them to contact the owner to get me check-in instructions or I would dispute my charges and go elsewhere. They were able to contact the owner a day or two before arrival and relayed check-in instructions to me.

The day of arrival I started getting calls from a NC phone number on my home phone (I don't give out my mobile number to online businesses, but can answer on my mobile). It was the owner. He was apparently trying to text check-in instructions to my home phone given at online booking. I gave him my text number and got the same instructions TripAdvisor had relayed, with some helpful pictures. I guess his policy is to provide check-in instructions at the last minute. This caused a lot of effort and anxiety on my part that I feel could have handled better for check-in procedures. I won't give the procedures here. That's his thing to handle, but they are a bit elaborate and specific to follow, especially cumbersome in the rain after dark. Just be prepared to have to wait until last minute unless he changes his procedure. And you might have to be prepared to give your text number on the online booking form if you are not used to doing that.

Hopefully this is helpful info to avoid some anxiety. It's a good unit to book at a good price, just some easy things that could have been done differently to make our experience better.

Management Response
25 Dec 2017
Thanks for the feedback.
Lenore S
Boston
“Nice Condo, but not internet access”
Reviewed 11 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

The condo was comfortable and nice. It was very clean and well decorated. The amenities were great except the wi-fi. We arrived on the evening of Hermine Tropical Storm on Labor Day weekend. The first night which was Friday, the wi-fi was working, then it went down, and never returned the whole time we were there. There were attempts made by TWC to fix it, but it would die just as soon as it got fixed. We were grateful that the TV worked.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The kitchen and living area
Liked least: No wi-fi.
Wendy B
“Beautiful town, ok apartment”
Reviewed 5 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

This apartment is a fantastic position. Walking distance to all restaurants and shops in beautiful Downtown Wilmington. The boardwalk is just out the front which is great for a stroll...even in the winter. The apartment was ok. Clean enough. Main bed was very comfortable. The sofa bed was ok for one person but don't know how two people could sleep on it. The air conditioner was in the bedroom and very loud although we did get used to that. There was no toaster in the kitchen which was inconvenient. Our biggest problem was contacting the owner. Had problems finding out about picking up the key as we were arriving outside normal check in time. Also, tv stopped working 2 days into our 9 day stay. We were told by the owner someone would come to fix it but that didn't happen. Wouldn't have bothered us but the weather was very bad and we were unable to see news or forecasts so that we could plan our days. Overall, we had a fantastic stay in Wilmington and can't wait to go back.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Communication with owner
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Susan W
Texarkana, Texas
“Wilmington Waterfront”
Reviewed 9 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

The Riverview Suites is ideally located and convenient to all of downtown as well as Wrightsville Beach area. This particularly unit is first class; the outdoor balcony amazing; Would love to return and highly recommend to others.

Richardlo...
Spokane, Washington
“Would stay again”
Reviewed 23 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Everything was as advertised. Was easy to book. Location was fantastic - walking distance to restaurants, shopping, attractions.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Location
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Heatherdo
Los Angeles, California
“Wilmington Vacation”
Reviewed 7 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

The unit is fantastic, all you will need. It is clean, comfortable, nicely decorated and you can not beat the view or the location!! You can park your car for your stay and walk to all the restaurants, shops, bars, breweries and gorgeous waterfront. You will not be disappointed. Gene makes it very easy to check in and check out. We will be staying here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and view
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ryan D
“Couldn't have been a better location”
Reviewed 6 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

Great room in an ideal area. Could hear the evening events (happened to be a concert the night we arrived not 500 feet away) right from the balcony. 10 minute drive to the tours of the Battleship NC or EUE Screen Gems Studios. Couldn't have been a better weekend.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing