“Like SoHo down south”

Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Saranac Lake, NY
“Like SoHo down south”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Love this open air mall. All the shops you love, outside with sidewalks and benches, trees and traffic. Parking, on the streets, and apartments above the shops, make this an ideal living community. The bigger box stores are on the outskirts. Awesome concept. This is a lovely place, I would live here I'd I lived down south. It's like my new favorite place.

Room Tip: Convenience of being located between the city of Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Ansofia, we all thank you for the cool review of your recent stay at our #1 ranked Hilton Garden Inn. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to you returning. Mayfaire is indeed the coolest place to be in Wilmington. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I would definitely recommend this facility to the business traveler or to a family visiting the area for vacation/pleasure. The room size is average, but well maintained and very clean. The beds are comfortable and the amenities in the room very more than adequate. The facility itself is conveniently located to either business interests downtown or area shopping venues. The motel staff is very friendly and eager to assist guests.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for the thorough review of your recent stay at our #1 ranked Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center. We certainly appreciate the honest feedback and are glad you have shared your experience with the Tripadvisor community. Come back and see us again soon! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our hotel room and the hotel lobby were lovely. I would definitely recommend this hotel. We stay here frequently when we're in Wilmington. Our stay here was terrific and we had no complaint.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you Patricia P. for the nice review of our award-winning Hilton Garden Inn Mayfaire. We’re so pleased that you once again enjoyed our friendly and helpful team. We never take our guests for granted. It will be our pleasure to earn your business next time travel brings you back to our beautiful corner of the Carolina Coast. Merry Christmas!
Phenix City, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Traveling by myself sometimes is a little nerve wracking, but staying at the Hilton Garden Inn made me feel safe being by myself. I was able to relax well in the evenings in my hotel room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. I look forward to my next trip that allows me to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Kathy C…thanks so much for the feedback regarding your recent stay at our award-winning and #1 ranked HGI Mayfaire. We understand your initial apprehension traveling alone but as you discovered; our hotel, located within Mayfaire Town Center, is safe for all travelers. We appreciate your business. New in 2014 is the return of our VIP rooms for our female corporate travelers. We hope to see you again very soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Terrific night - really nice hotel, great staff, great breakfast. Went for one-night stay with 7-year-old twins and had a great time. Only down-side was man in next room coughing and hacking (the walls were on the thin side).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
We’re so glad that you and your kids had a great time while staying with us. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding our great staff, great cooked-to-order breakfast in our full service Garden Grille restaurant and your noisy neighbor. For the loud neighbor, we are truly sorry…Next time travel brings you back to our beautiful corner of the Carolina Coast, we hope you choose to once again to stay with HGI Mayfaire. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Blacksburg, VA
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was very pleased with my recent stay. First, I was upgrade to a suite which was very spacious. Nice kitchen area with refrigerator, microwave and a Keurig coffee maker along with a nice work area, living room and separate bedroom with bath. The wireless was fast and free, always very welcome! I was extremely pleased with the service at this Hilton Garden Inn. After checking in, I inadvertently left a binder at the front desk and the desk staff managed to track me down (my name was not on the binder). Also, the following morning, my key was not working (my fault for putting it next to my phone) and when I went to the desk, he remembered my room number from the previous night! I was also very pleased with the breakfast choices and prices. I also enjoyed the small lounge, perfect for having a drink. The lobby was very welcoming too, decorated as it was for Christmas with a welcoming fire and sitting area. The hotel is in a great location, very near many nice restaurants and shopping. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you Luv2g0lf for the outstanding, thorough review of your recent stay at our award-winning HGI Mayfaire Town Center. It was our pleasure to reunite you with your binder. We appreciate you sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community; especially our new Keurig K-Cup coffee brewers in every room and our inviting lobby with full service Garden Grille & Bar. This past weekend, we replaced all carpet in the lobby, restaurant and our meeting rooms. It looks terrific! If you like that new carpet smell, this is the place to be. :)
it was our pleasure to earn your business. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Merry Christmas!
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The staff is very nice. Very helpful and great disposition. Facility is very clean and well maintained. Business center had a working printer. Fitness center was rather small. But you can get a day pass for very large Gold's Gym within 10 minutes driving. Mattress had a firmness dial, but couldn't tell the difference regardless of setting. King size lumpy.
Breakfast was good variety. Pastries were institutional quality. Made to order eggs were good. Nothing spectacular. Service was very good.
Unfortunately the windows don't open, so you can't get any fresh air. Had to prop the door open for some circulation. Getting hallway air was workable solution. If it were not for this air issues, I would have given 4 stars.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you T34IFR for choosing to stay at our award-winning, #1 ranked Hilton Garden Inn Mayfaire. We appreciate your feedback and the kind words regarding our friendly, customer-focused staff. We’re glad you enjoyed breakfast in our full service Garden Grille & Bar but are sorry that you had hoped for a room with a window that opened. Fresh air is great, especially near the beach. Was your in-room climate system not functioning properly? Unfortunately, you would be hard-pressed to find a newer branded hotel with windows that open, unless the room has a balcony. It was our pleasure to serve you. We do appreciate your business. Safe travels and Happy Holidays!