Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 31 January 2011

My husband and I decided upon the Hilton Garden Inn for a quick, much needed weekend get-away. It's in a nice, quiet location. I was surprised as to how close it was to Wrightsville. It also wasn't far from Historic Downtown Wilmington. Also, the Mayfaire shopping center has some great shopping. We didn't do any shopping but if we did it would have had everything we needed.

The hotel was very nice. I wasn't sure really how to work the bed. It supposedly was adjustable for firmness vs. softness but I really didn't notice a difference. I was happy with how quiet it was.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2011

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your most recent stay. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. We believe we're in the perfect location in Wilmington. The Mayfaire Town Center area is the best. Shopping, restaurants and a movie theater complex are all within a short walk and Wrightsville Beach is just 2 miles down the road.

Regarding your concern about our Garden Sleep System beds, it takes approx 6 minutes for the bed to adjust to you after you have dialed-in your setting. We hope you give the GSS bed another try very soon!

Thank you!

Reviewed 31 January 2011

I have stayed here several times this past year. Everyone, from the front desk to the Grill staff, is very friendly, welcoming and accommodating. There has been a recent renovation of the workout room. It is small but gets the job done. The hotel rooms and the common areas are always very clean and well kept. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfasts include hot and cold items. The hot items are to order (pancakes, waffles, omlette, eggs served with bacon or sausage and potatoes, grits). The location is great. Very close to the Mayfaire shopping area. You can walk, but it looks like most people drive.
I recommend this Hilton Garden Inn. A very comfortable place to land when you are in town!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great feedback from your most recent stay with us. The entire staff works very hard to exceed everyone's expectations. We're glad you were able to utilize our new state of the art Precor fitness equipment. If the fitness room doesn't meet all of your needs, we do have a relationship with the nearby Gold's Gym. Complimentary day passes are available to all of our guests.

We pride ourselves in serving the best hotel breakfast in town. Our cooks make some of finest omlettes and pancakes you'll have anywhere!

We're so glad you consider us to be your home away from home. See you soon!

Reviewed 24 January 2011

I recently held a business meeting at this location and I could not ask for more. This is my 2nd time using this facility, and both times they exceeded my expectations. From the sales manager Chris who I have worked with in the past, to the sales coordinator Lane, who ensured that every detail was just right. I would recommend this location to anyone planning a business meeting.

Thanks again for meeting and exceeding my expectations.
Channing F

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2011

Thank you for the great follow-up from your recent meeting. We pride ourselves in exceeding expectations of new and repeat customers alike. Chris and Lane do a great job of working with our clients to ensure everything is perfect. We look forward to earning your business again!

Reviewed 17 January 2011

I stayed for a week at the Hilton. We even had snow the first of the week. I have to mention a few awesome staff members. Nichol was a terrific server/waitress. I truly believe that she will remember me the next time I am there. She talked with every guest that crossed her path and had a smile EVERY DAY! Mike made the most amazing food. I had the best Salmon and angel hair pasta in alfredo sauce. YUM-O! Eric at the front desk was fantastic both nights I got to talk with him! What a helpful guy! And Kat greeted me every morning for breakfast with a great smile and was on top of all of her service! You have some of the best staff around!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2011

WOW! Thank you for the very cool review. We really appreciate you recognizing the efforts of some of our superstar associates. We all try to follow the example of the founder of Hilton Hotels, Conrad Hilton.

...“It has been, and continues to be, our responsibility to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality.” - Conrad Hilton.

We hope to see you back with us soon!

Reviewed 15 January 2011

After a tough day of cancelled and delayed flights it was great to check into a clean, new looking, comfortable hotel. The gentleman on duty at the desk recommended a great seafood restaurant which helped us forget about the travel hassles of the day. The room was quiet, free wifi and a great adjustable mattress, which my back really needed after sitting in airplanes all day. I was there on business for the first time with a new client which will no doubt result in many more trips to Wilmington for this account. I will without hesitation stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Mayfaire Town Center. They sure hit a home run with me. They really know how what a business traveller needs at the end of a day.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2011

Thanks for the very kind review. Sorry about your delays on your way to Wilmington... We're glad that once you arrived we exceeded your expectations. It was our pleasure to earn your business. See you soon!

Reviewed 10 January 2011

To whom it may concern, we had a great time at the hotel. It is not only a beautiful and clean establishment, everyone that helped us could not have been more friendly and professional. We were able to check into our room early and the reservationist was prompt and supplied us with all the information we needed. our room was not only very clean, and spacious, but the bed was so comfortable. we were supplied with enough towels , extra pillows and blankets, and I loved the neutrogena products. I am so thankful to my friend Janet Marsburn for recommending us to stay there knowing we wanted a mini getaway, to shop, dine, go to movies and just relax. I feel she is excellent at her job. Also a special thanks to Rhena our server at breakfast, she was attentive to our every need, and was so friendly. Thank you for running such a great business.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2011

We appreciate your very nice review of our terrific property. It was our pleasure to earn your business. Come back anytime!

Reviewed 10 January 2011

I was there to see my Grandaughter. With the suite pull out bed she was able to stay with us for our visit. That and the two visitor areas in the lobby along with the staff and cleanliness made it a trip of a life time for me. Thanks to all the Hilton Staff!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review of your recent stay. We hope to see you back with us again very soon! The entire staff appreciates the opportunity to earn your business.