“Best Food in Wilmington”

Dock Street Oyster Bar
Ranked #16 of 673 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a Family owned Business that takes great pride in using Locally sourced Seafood and Vegetables at affordable prices . We have been voted Best Oyster bar by Encore readers in Wilmington 15 years in a row.
“Best Food in Wilmington”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

DSOB is the best restaurant in wilmington.. awesome steamed seafood.. chill atmosphere.. key lime pie is the finishing touch..

westchester
“Fantastic seafood”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I had the peel and eat shrimp and this was one of the best meals in Wilmington. They were so tender and tasty. The owner was at the bar and talked to us all night. It's a casual friendly place and is not over priced. Just off the Riverwalk on Dock Street, it has a nice atmosphere. I can highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Wilmington .

• Visited June 2014
Wilmington
“Everything was awesome!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My friends and I walked in were immediately greeted and sat by our waitress Shannon. Atmosphere was great as well as the specials. I had a salad and shrimp Alfredo which was delicious! I will definitely be back to visit in the future. Anyone I'm the wilmington area has to try out dock street oyster bar.

Huntington, West Virginia
“Excellent Tacos, Good Oysters”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Initially went to this restaurant hoping to find some great oysters. I tried the sampler, with three imperial and three Rockefeller. Both varieties were tasty, however I've had far better, especially in regards to the Rockefeller which seemed a bit dry. The real surprise though was the shrimp taco, which was absolute perfection. The spicy sauce combined with the fruit salsa made for an excellent flavor combination that was a nice complement to the well cooked shrimp. I'd definitely go back, but might be tempted to stick to the shrimp.

Dallas, Texas
“One of the best in the USA!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I own a company and my work literally takes me across the USA. I've eaten at the best restaurants from Boston to Los Angeles and from Miami to New York. What an absolute gem Dock Street Oyster Bar is! The food is so fresh it tastes like it was just caught today and the creative preparations of the meal exceeds those of even Le Bec Fin in Philly.

The staff is very professional and prompt and they know the menu inside and out. Even some of the nice locals at the bar said they eat there four times a week and that it's the best restaurant in Wilmington. I told the bartender I'd like to meet the owner so that I could compliment them on their outstanding operation but was told they weren't currently there. Wow, to see how smoothly the place was operating you would think that the owner had to be there taking such great care. Obviously, the staff is highly motivated and trained and take pride in their workplace. I can only hope that my employees do the same while I'm away!!

Great job, Dock Street! See you next month!