“Best cupcake I've had”

The Peppered Cupcake
Ranked #1 of 26 Dessert in Wilmington
Price range: US$3 - US$4
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Peppered Cupcake is a gourmet cupcakery. Our mission is to provide even the most sophisticated palette with creative, exciting, irresistible, gourmet cupcakes that will give a whole new twist to the cupcake concept. Each of our gourmet cupcake recipes are baked fresh and from scratch daily using fresh ingredients. Off the hook! Our slogan is what inspires us to think outside of the box when it comes to our next creation. We are constantly inventing and reinventing our recipes to please our sophisticated Foodies. Our cupcakes are unique combinations inspired by some of our favorite dishes. Some sweet, some savory, some a combination of both. Southern influences have also made an impact by incorporating a Southern flare into some of our cupcakes such as the Sweet Tater & Molasses with pork cracklings. We also use liquors and liqueurs and sometimes they make it into the cakes;) Need we say more?
“Best cupcake I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We got six. I ate half of the bacon maple and half of the salted Carmel. The salted Carmel is the best! And we try cup cakes all over. I wish we lived closer.

Visited July 2014
Tabitha M, Owner at The Peppered Cupcake, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Glad you enjoyed your cuppies and thanks for the review! We wish you lived closer too. Make sure to put us on your agenda next time your in Wilmington!

“Best piece of heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I got the Smashed bananas foster cupcake and it truly was a piece of heaven! The best thing I've ever eaten for sure. I definitely plan on being a regular customer!

1 Thank Nissi2002
Thank you for the review! The Smashed Bananas Foster is just of our many warm cupcakes. You should stop in on Saturdays for the Warm Apple Crisp. Of course, everyday we have a cobbler cuppie that is served warm too. They are set up so that you can take them home to have warm as well. See you soon!
Gainesville
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I got the Shock-a-lata cupcake, which was closer to a brownie-style with ganache icing. It was to die for. Lots of variety in the choices and the ladies were very nice, helping me carry the cupcakes outside to where our two kids were waiting. I'll often go for ice cream and cookies over cupcakes, but this was definitely worth the visit.

Visited July 2014
Tabitha M, Owner at The Peppered Cupcake, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Glad we could be a convenience for you and thank you for the review! Because of you and so many others, folks are coming in due to your responses. Thank you for helping us to succeed in our word of mouth advertising. You just can't pay for this kinds of feed back...glad you enjoyed your Shock O'lata!
Kinston, North Carolina
“Yummy Yummy Cupcakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We absolutely love the Peppered Cupcake. We were so sorry to see them move from Kinston to Wilmington, but on the bright side we now get to visit Wilmington more often to get our favorite cupcakes. The cupcakes are light and flavorful, not too sweet and always creative. We love to visit with Tabitha and now have another reason to love the Wilmington area.

• Visited July 2014
Colleen! Thank you for the review...I have had so many folks from Kinston come by the new shop and it just tickles me. Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to you popping by when you are in town!
Anchorage, Alaska
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I love cupcakes and will happily give them a try wherever we are. We've sampled of some of the supposed 'best' including Magnolia in NYC, Bertie's in Paris and Hummingbird in London. None of these...and I mean NONE even come close to TPC. Moist cake, creamy whipped buttery frosting, not overly sweet with interesting flavor combinations. It was very hard to choose just one flavor. If you are in Wilmington and are craving a treat, don't waste your time or money anywhere else. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on perspective) we didn't discover TPC until our last evening in Wilmington. Can't wait until our next trip to the city and TPC.

1 Thank laeger
Tabitha M, Owner at The Peppered Cupcake, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Wow yourself! Thank you for the review. We look forward to you visiting us again from Alaska. Don't quite know what to say when you compare us to Paris! Just hope to continue to Wow everyone and become that destination I so hope to be for folks local and abroad. Til next time!