“A Good Way To Get Acquainted With The History Of Wilmington--But Do It Before Other Things!!”

Wilmington Trolley Company
Long Island New York
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I found this trolley tour to be a great experience, with a great guide who gave us a lot of information about the area. While he did get a few things wrong (while pointing out a location that was used to film the movie We're the Millers he kept calling Jason Suedekis David--small things like that), the tour was a fun way to see everything Wilmington has to offer.
I'm only taking a point off the review because we chose to do this after we had already seen a lot of the sites of Wilmington, including some historic homes and taking a Location walk tour for filming locations, so for us on a personal level, it wasn't always as interesting and enthralling as it probably is when you take it before seeing other places.. it's not the company's fault we went when we did, so by no means is the point off the score something they did wrong. It's more to serve as a warning to those who consider using it to do it when they first arrive in Wilmington, instead of waiting until later. Otherwise, they might be bored, and would be likely to give this a bad review. Since I know it's not their fault I had already seen other stuff--I'm not giving this a bad review. It is a fun little tour. Just don't save it for last.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank comsewogian

Wilmington, North Carolina
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Decent Option to Relax and Learn”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Have taken a variety of Trolley Tours and I find that a variety of conditions determine how well you enjoy them. Our driver for the Wilmington Trolley Co. was friendly and knowledgeable. The weather was great, traffic was not an issue on this particular day (can be a pain when the Trolley is 'stuck' during a tour) the sound system was decent and the Trolley itself was clean and in good condition. Learned some historical information and noticed things that I would have otherwise not realized if it weren't for the drivers expertise on Wilmington city history. Everything fell into place nicely on my visit so I recommend for anyone wanting to take a break from walking or shopping in the downtown area. Only comment is that the tour is somewhat short (almost 40 minutes) and the route itself can be covered by walking, but I thought it was a pretty good time.

Visited August 2014
Melbourne, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Learn a lot about Wilmington's history”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a very informative trolley tour. I was impressed by the number and condition of the large, old houses. It's obvious the city was a very rich city in the 1800's. I never knew it was North Carolina's largest city for many years and why. The driver was very knowledgeable. It's money well spent.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ZorroFL
Jackson, Mississippi
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“Skip the trolley and take a walk.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

You would probably see more and learn more about the area if you took a walking tour. The trolley is hot, uncomfortable and the tour has no rhyme nor reason. The tour guide was reckless in her driving and kept saying "I don't know what that is (or was)...I better find out." Useless.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank David S
Flint, Michigan
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Informative tour of downtown”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Tour guide Richard was very informative and skilled at getting around traffic even the road closure we encountered do to a film shooting.
I would not recommend this tour for young kids as it would probably be too boring for them.
It is cash only which is not noted anywhere and the lady at the brochure counter told us otherwise.

3 Thank MiMomOf2