“We can't say anything negitive about Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington”

Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Ashburn, Va.
“We can't say anything negitive about Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2008

This was our first trip to the Wilmington area. Our mission was to investigate the numerous beaches along the coast nearby and have a general look around. Minutes after check in, we received a call from the front desk to see if our room was satisfactory. That was a first for me! The room was clean and had coffee maker, microwave, sink, fridge, hair dryer - everything we needed. Being satisfied with our room and hungry from our long trip from the DC area - I asked the caller for recommendations for dinner near by which she seemingly happily provided. We stayed for 4 nights. Although we did not spend many daylight hours at the hotel, we found that it met our needs for location, cleanliness and value. We first learned of this hotel through Trip Advisor and would heartily recomend it to others.

• Liked — Staff was awesome!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissMildred

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Akron OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2008

Stayed for 2 nights in early June. Parking was packed -- a lot of construction workers stay there. They have wi-fi, and also a courtesy computer at the check-in desk, which was great! The front desk staff always seemed a little stressed when we came in, like they had too much to do.

The room itself was clean and acceptable. The kitchen area had a 2-burner range, microwave, and full fridge/freezer. The bathroom had a three-setting showerhead that felt great after a long day in the sun! Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2008
1 Thank JGager
Falmouth, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2008

We stayed here for 3 days and really enjoyed the room. The staff was real friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and the amount of room you get is wonderful. It was about 75+ and they had the pool closed for the season. Its was oct but I dont understand why didnt they leave the pool open longer if the weather stays so nice.
We are a single couple, but it still is a great place for families. Also there is alot around, the beach is like 10 mins away too. Lots of places to eat.

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — The closed pool when it was hot out!
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank bridgetmonahan81
high point, nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2008

I read alot of poor reviews of this hotel and was wondering if I had made the right choice to stay here. And I'd like to say it was satisfactory for what we used it for.

The room was impeccably clean. We had a non-smoking room and it did not smell. The walls were average - you could hear if someone was extremely loud - like shouting - or had the TV on extremely loud, but thats the same anywhere. And our neighbors were never loud, we hardly knew anyone was there.

Just as someone said before the pillows were hard - and so we brought our own. The bed was very comfortable. The kitchen had a full fridge and stove top. No oven - but a microwave.

The bathroom was nice - no complaints.

I can only name two things I didn't like about the room. 1) You couldnt hook up a DVD player due to no jacks and they didnt offer movies to buy. There was however HBO. 2) The AC unit is under the window right next to the bed. The person sleeping beside it is bound to freeze from the breeze it creates. So naturally on the second night I took the other side. =)

Overall I'd say this was an average hotel worth the money we paid. Its in Wilmington so its naturally going to cost a little bit more than say a non-beach town. And its not a roach motel. I'd stay again.

• Liked — Cleanliness, comfort.
  • Disliked — Lack of movie options
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kaiser1015
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2008

I stayed here for two nights in April 2008. I'd have to rate my overall stay as great!

Check-in was a breeze. The lady at the desk was polite and helpful. She notified me upon check-in that there were some connectivity issues with their WiFi, but let me know that they were working to solve the problem. She also explained the hotel's amenities and how to get to my room. Though the facility does not have an on-site fitness room, I was impressed by the fact that access to Gold's Gym (which across the street) was complimentary... I just had to show my room key. About an hour after check-in, she called my room to make sure that everything was satisfactory. I can honestly say that is a first!

As far as the rooms go, my room was okay. Yes, the hotel is a little older and you can tell. However, the room was very clean. My only complaint would be that my non-smoking room smelled like cigarettes... but I attribute that to previous guests who aren't polite enough to take it outside... The room includes a small kitchenette and fridge. A hair dryer is included in the bathroom. There's also an iron and ironing board in the room. The bed was more comfortable than I had expected. I did not have a problem with noise and did not feel unsafe.

The hotel is not far from Wrightsville Beach and is also conveniently located to several restaurants and shopping centers like Mayfaire. Leaving the property is a little tricky... especially if you want to make a left turn during peak travel time.

Considering the very affordable price, I was very satisfied with my stay and would more than likely stay here again.

• Liked — The price and location!
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank SoCalMelTravels
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2008

Stayed here with family and friends. We booked two rooms. As before, it's clean, the interiors look new. Service is friendly, checking in goes seamless.

Good location, close to mall, city center and Wrightsville beach.

We did not experience problem with noise or so.

One thing that can be a nuisance is the fridge in the room, hard to avoid noise from it. I set its thermostat at a low level, and that worked out well.

• Liked — cleanliness, location
  • Disliked — the fridge
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank UltimateRoadWarrior
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2008

I stayed at the Suburban in Wilmington, NC for 2 nights in March, 2008. This was my second time staying here, and I had yet another really good stay! I am usually a bit wary of "extended stay" hotels, but this one seems to maintain a high level of cleanliness, and I chose it as well because it was so affordable and near the beach.

The lady at check-in was very friendly--she chatted with us about why we were in the area and how glad they were to have us, etc. Plus she took her time to go over the hotel's amnenities and such, which most hotels fail to do at check-in because they are in such a hurry. We also got some 10% off coupons for the Texas Roadhouse (which is across the street). I think this is new, but they have a 12:00pm checkout instead of the standard 11am most hotels have, so that extra hour is nice!

Our room was non-smoking with one queen bed. It smelled clean, and after looking it over, I noticed how SPOTLESS it was. Not a hair or piece of dust in sight. The kitchenette had the usuals--a few plates, cups, silverware, etc. The full sized fridge worked great to store all our yummy leftovers from ordering pizza and eating out. The shower was also spotless and the bathroom just had the standard amnenities--2 bars of soap, shampoo, and some towels/rags.

My only complaint (which is minor) is that the queen bed only had 2 very hard, flat pillows! It was really hard to sleep on them, especially with my head laying so flat.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a simple stay in a nice, clean room, at a good rate!! Its really close to the beach--about a 10 min drive--and a lot of other major restaurants and shopping centers are nearby.

• Liked — cleanliness of room; location
  • Disliked — not enough pillows; flat & hard
  • Stayed March 2008