“Wonderful stay!”
Review of Graystone Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Graystone Inn
Ranked #12 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary, and we have a wonderful time. The house is so grand! Even though we stayed in the smallest room, we had more than ample space. The owners were friendly and served a delicious breakfast. We enjoyed the fact that we had a window of time to have breakfast and didn't have to be seated at a certain time. After dinner our first night, we came back to the room to find a bottle of champagne waiting for us! It was a really nice way of the owners acknowledging our anniversary. I have only one teeny tiny complaint about the Inn. They have a mini fridge of complimentary beverages, and they offer only Pepsi products and not Coke products. I thought for sure a southern B&B would serve Coca-Cola, but it all made more sense when I realized the owners were originally from Boston. The Graystone is in a perfect location within walking distance of the river and all the shops and restaurants. We hope to come back again some day!

Room Tip: The De Rosset is plenty of space and gives you the best bang for your buck.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Since I wanted the perfect inn for the love of my life, I carefully researched the possibilities and ended up choosing the absolute winner. The room was perfect, the breakfast was scrumptious, the innkeepers and staff were the perfect hosts and fellow guests became good friends from the first shared bottle of wine. We definitely will return.

Room Tip: not a bad room in the inn.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband and I stated at a select registry inn for our honeymoon (St. Francis Inn, St. Augustine, FL), we loved it so much that we decided to make it a tradition to stay at a select registry bed and breakfast for each anniversary. So for our 1 year anniversary we decided on Graystone Inn and were extremely disappointed!!! To start things off the website makes their ammenities (breakfast, snacks, coffee) more appealing than what they actually are. It said that they serve hodearuves and wine from 6-7 every night. My husband and I do not drink, but we were looking forward to a little appetizer prior to going out to dinner for the evening. We came down a little after 6 to find nothing going on. We asked the clerk behind the desk and he asked US what time it was! We told him and he said he guessed that he could serve some wine if we wanted. Again, maybe the previous inn just spoiled us with a great dip and veggies each night that we did not have to ask for. Overall the staff at this inn was not nearly as friendly as I’ve encountered before. I really look forward to the breakfast at bed and BREAKFASTS, but again this was a major disappointment compared to other inns I have stayed at. On Sunday morning, we had a really great key lime French toast, but Monday morning was a tasteless southwestern egg mush that resembled that of a quiche without the crust, a slice of ham, and a corn muffin.
The coffee bar they say they have is really a Keurig machine, which could be something to get excited about right? WRONG! When I think of Keurigs, I think of the huge VARIETY of K-cups that are available, but this inn has yet to discover that, only Caribou blend, decaf Columbian, black tea, sleepytime tea, and hot cocoa to choose from here. Furthermore, it was not well stocked or cleaned. It would be one thing if the inn didn’t advertise the evening socials or other amenities, but I get disappointed when people do not live up to their word. My husband and I have learned that if we are going to stay at another inn, we have to specifically ask the owners if what they advertise on their website is correct. So I guess you cannot trust everything that’s on the internet, except this post of course :-) seriously, I would advise you to stay at another inn in the area that is probably nicer.

Room Tip: We stayed at the De Rosset, which was nice, but this inn is definitely not worth the price!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ashleylee7
thirdst, Owner at Graystone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

We take great pride in the fact that all aspects of running the inn are based in input from our guests. Our signature coffee, blended exclusively for us by a local company Port City Java, was selected by guest taste testing. Our turn down service and selection of pillow chocolates was also a guest input.
With a great selection of restaurants available within easy walking distance of the inn our guests typically use the wine time to look at menus and decide on their evening meal and entertainment, as well as sharing their day with each other.
We strive to please all our guests with different and unique breakfast selections, prepared by our classically trained chef, and pride ourselves on not giving a guest the same entre twice during their stay.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have been to Wilmington, NC many times to visit relatives and had always wanted to stay at the Graystone Inn because it is so beautiful! We finally got the chance and I was certainly NOT disappointed. I would rate our room as the prettiest room we have even been in and we have stayed at MANY B&B's which also have had lovely rooms. This really is #1 though. The Inn as a whole was beautiful!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelercolumbus
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We spent one night in Wilmington, NC recently and stayed at the Graystone Inn. Although there are a few idiosyncracies (as I recall we had to wait until 4 pm for the inn to open in the afternoon), this is a very charming and unusual property. One definitely has the feeling that one is staying in a mansion belonging to an important person. The rooms, both those on the main floor (living room, parlor, dining room, etc.) and the bedrooms upstairs are large and very accommodating and well decorated. A particular highlight was the marvelous breakfast in the formal dining room prepared by the innkeepers. I would definitely return to the Inn if I visit Wilmington again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I as lucky enough to stay here on business this week. It felt like staying with a relative or an old friend. The hospitality was fantastic and breakfast was served to us by the owner who was so friendly. I was able to walk to the waterfront and several restaurants. I really enjoyed their recommendation of the Pilot House. I HIGHLY recommend this B&B. What a wonderful retreat from the usual hustle and bustle of business travel. I hope to be back!

Room Tip: I went for the best priced room and was not disappointed! I got a lot for my $!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Had fantastic stay at Graystone Inn. Richard was very friendly and provided excellent service. Great location - within easy walking distance of just about everything in downtown Wilmington. We stayed 3 nights during the NC Azalea Festival - and the location was perfect! Toured several historic homes, all within walking distance of the Graystone Inn. Inn was clean, room was great, and they provided gluten free breakfast special order for my wife - what a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple