“Nice stay”
Review of Graystone Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Graystone Inn
Ranked #12 of 17 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We spent 2 nights here. The inn is really beautiful & the owner & staff were so nice. We stayed in the Oleander room on the third floor & the climb was worth it (no elevators). Breakfast was delicious. Only negatives were that the air conditioning vent blew right on the bed, making it rather cold & a little uncomfortable. Also, the parking situation wasn't ideal. You must either park on the busy front street or, if you park in the driveway, you must leave your car keys in a basket at the desk so your car can be moved if necessary. My husband, the retired police officer wasn't thrilled with either option but I found it to be a minor thing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We spent 3 nights the first week of July 2013. It was far beyond our expectations and we were expecting a great experience! Rick, the Owner/Innkeeper was absolutley over the top with his knowledge of the inn along with history and details of all the exciting things and people who have been at the Inn along with the Wilmington area. The evening wine reception and the surrondings inside and outside were remarkable. Breakfast was surperb and we enjoyed coffee on the veranda each morning. We highly recommend it as a "MUST STAY" for everyone who loves History and B&B's. The room was so spacious and very nice. We stayed in the St. Thomas Room. We will make sure that we will return in the future. Sandy and Jim Claycomb Gallatin TN

1 Thank Sandra C
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay so much. The Graystone is such a lovely and exciting place. It's History and movie showings are exciting. The Owners are so pleasant and the staff. Rooms wonderful and clean it felt so rich in everything we did. Thank you for such a pleasurable stay

Room Tip: Any of the rooms were fantastic!!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary, and we have a wonderful time. The house is so grand! Even though we stayed in the smallest room, we had more than ample space. The owners were friendly and served a delicious breakfast. We enjoyed the fact that we had a window of time to have breakfast and didn't have to be seated at a certain time. After dinner our first night, we came back to the room to find a bottle of champagne waiting for us! It was a really nice way of the owners acknowledging our anniversary. I have only one teeny tiny complaint about the Inn. They have a mini fridge of complimentary beverages, and they offer only Pepsi products and not Coke products. I thought for sure a southern B&B would serve Coca-Cola, but it all made more sense when I realized the owners were originally from Boston. The Graystone is in a perfect location within walking distance of the river and all the shops and restaurants. We hope to come back again some day!

Room Tip: The De Rosset is plenty of space and gives you the best bang for your buck.
Morehead City, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Since I wanted the perfect inn for the love of my life, I carefully researched the possibilities and ended up choosing the absolute winner. The room was perfect, the breakfast was scrumptious, the innkeepers and staff were the perfect hosts and fellow guests became good friends from the first shared bottle of wine. We definitely will return.

Room Tip: not a bad room in the inn.
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband and I stated at a select registry inn for our honeymoon (St. Francis Inn, St. Augustine, FL), we loved it so much that we decided to make it a tradition to stay at a select registry bed and breakfast for each anniversary. So for our 1 year anniversary we decided on Graystone Inn and were extremely disappointed!!! To start things off the website makes their ammenities (breakfast, snacks, coffee) more appealing than what they actually are. It said that they serve hodearuves and wine from 6-7 every night. My husband and I do not drink, but we were looking forward to a little appetizer prior to going out to dinner for the evening. We came down a little after 6 to find nothing going on. We asked the clerk behind the desk and he asked US what time it was! We told him and he said he guessed that he could serve some wine if we wanted. Again, maybe the previous inn just spoiled us with a great dip and veggies each night that we did not have to ask for. Overall the staff at this inn was not nearly as friendly as I’ve encountered before. I really look forward to the breakfast at bed and BREAKFASTS, but again this was a major disappointment compared to other inns I have stayed at. On Sunday morning, we had a really great key lime French toast, but Monday morning was a tasteless southwestern egg mush that resembled that of a quiche without the crust, a slice of ham, and a corn muffin.
The coffee bar they say they have is really a Keurig machine, which could be something to get excited about right? WRONG! When I think of Keurigs, I think of the huge VARIETY of K-cups that are available, but this inn has yet to discover that, only Caribou blend, decaf Columbian, black tea, sleepytime tea, and hot cocoa to choose from here. Furthermore, it was not well stocked or cleaned. It would be one thing if the inn didn’t advertise the evening socials or other amenities, but I get disappointed when people do not live up to their word. My husband and I have learned that if we are going to stay at another inn, we have to specifically ask the owners if what they advertise on their website is correct. So I guess you cannot trust everything that’s on the internet, except this post of course :-) seriously, I would advise you to stay at another inn in the area that is probably nicer.

Room Tip: We stayed at the De Rosset, which was nice, but this inn is definitely not worth the price!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ashleylee7
thirdst, Owner at Graystone Inn, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
We take great pride in the fact that all aspects of running the inn are based in input from our guests. Our signature coffee, blended exclusively for us by a local company Port City Java, was selected by guest taste testing. Our turn down service and selection of pillow chocolates was also a guest input.
With a great selection of restaurants available within easy walking distance of the inn our guests typically use the wine time to look at menus and decide on their evening meal and entertainment, as well as sharing their day with each other.
We strive to please all our guests with different and unique breakfast selections, prepared by our classically trained chef, and pride ourselves on not giving a guest the same entre twice during their stay.
Columbus
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have been to Wilmington, NC many times to visit relatives and had always wanted to stay at the Graystone Inn because it is so beautiful! We finally got the chance and I was certainly NOT disappointed. I would rate our room as the prettiest room we have even been in and we have stayed at MANY B&B's which also have had lovely rooms. This really is #1 though. The Inn as a whole was beautiful!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple