“Wonderful B&B”
Review of Rosehill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Rosehill Inn
Ranked #8 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2008

My husband and I stayed at Rosehill to celebrate our First Anniversary. We had never been to a bed and breakfast and we chose Rosehill Inn after searching online. Rosehill is conveniently located on Third Street downtown Wilmington, eyes view of the waterway and walking distance of fine restaurants and lots of area attractions. We stayed in the Wedgewood Suite, which was large and spacious with it's own private balcony and entry way. We had a frig and pantry exclusive to our suite and another adjacent to us. We were greeted by the innkeeper pleasantly and introduced to the home and others but unfortunately the heat pump was being ungraded so temperatures were a bit hot for a few hours but alas! it cooled down and Bob and Trish were more than accommodating. Third Street is VERY BUSY and there is no private parking so be prepared to search for parking with plans of leaving your car in place to keep your spot. BUT our Wedgewood Suite was completely quiet and devoid of any street noise. The bed was heavenly, the claw tub was wonderful and the electric fireplace was nice to use even just for the lighted ambiance. We were provided bottled water, bedside chocolates and the morning breakfast was PERFECT! The house is a treasure and we had a delightful stay even though our trip was cancelled a night short by family emergencies...pricey since we already had the room paid in full. But Bob and Trish were understanding and even offered us a discount when we come back and visit again...and we will. Customized toiletries and fluffy robes are provided, all you need to do is bring yourself! (see pics we provided)

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank always2fast4u

Reviewed 7 June 2008

A wonderful inn, very convenient to the river front. Great hosts and the food was awesome! I would highly recommend Rosehill Inn! The only negative was the street noise...which we were warned about. (I didn't realize 3rd street was a major cut-through street) so I would recommend a room that faces the back of the property...although we stayed in the Heritage Room and it did not interfere with our wonderful experience!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NCTraveler49
Reviewed 11 April 2008

I highly recommend the RoseHill Inn. The price is quite competitive compared to the other Inns and you get all the charm and elegance you would expect at the higher priced inns in the area. It is a beautiful, traditional, Southern B&B just steps away from the restaurants on Front Street. The wrap around porch features rocking chairs and a front porch swing, and the owners have planted a pretty garden where the smell of a gorgeous purple flower fills the air. The breakfasts were out of this world! I had apple French toast while I was there. I stayed in the Regency, which felt like a princess room, and enjoyed the jacuzzi tub (although the jets did not work when I was there). The only downside I would say is that the B&B is on a four lane street and there's traffic out front (you don't hear it once you're inside), but all of the other major B&Bs are on the same street so you really can't avoid that. Parking was not a problem, and the Rosehill is across the street from a church where Teddy Roosevelt's father used to preach and just a couple blocks away from the Bellamy (sp?) Mansion. There's a large back yard and I would imagine it could be good for a small wedding.

Attractions in Area: Although the Bellamy Mansion is gorgeous on the outside, I do not recommend the tour of the Mansion. There's no furniture in the building, so all you end up looking at it is white room after white room. You might as well be touring conference space at the Hilton. Better to stare at it from the outside and not be let down. That will at least save you $10, which would be better spent getting a bottle of wine and sitting on the porch of the Rosehill.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank NoVaGirl007
Reviewed 11 February 2008

The benchmark on hospitality and as an inn. Superb room, every attention to detail paid. EXTREMELY clean, everything worked. Gorgeous decor and outstanding breakfast. Owners are a dream.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank guestRelationsSav
Reviewed 13 October 2007

Our two night stay here was a delight. The owners have been in business a year and could not have been more helpful and friendly. The house is beautiful the location is excellent and the breakfast a home cooked feast. We would go back, if you are staying in Wilmington.....stay here.

• Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank Wiltshire_Eddie
Reviewed 28 September 2007

On September 22, 2007 my wife and I stayed one night at the Rosehill as part of our celebration of 14 years of blissful marriage. This place is absolutely wonderful in so many ways. From its location to the incredibly delicious breakfast and everything in between. The Rosehill Inn in Wilmington, NC is simply marvelous!!! We were greeted at the front door by Bob, a very friendly and completely unpretentious fellow. He made us feel immediately at ease and welcomed to the stately old home. He provided a brief history of the place and we barely noticed he was doing it. His conversation was that easy and natural.

My wife and I had initially cringed at the decor based on the internet photo.... but when we saw it in person, we felt like it really worked and that it was both interesting and nice. The bedding, towels, washclothes and robes were so fresh and cuddly soft. We were completely satisfied with our room and all the amenities provided.

After an incredibly charmed day which included: a walk along the riverfront, dinner at Elijah's (thanks Bob and Sean), a free glass of wine at a lovely little wine shop (thanks again Bob for the coupon), a stop at the grocery store where while shopping we absorbed some of the local flavor thanks to the storeowner/manager, getting back to the Rosehill front porch literally seconds ahead of a serious down-pour, swinging together in one of the porch swings, taking fun photos in the house and our room, getting relaxed in those cuddly robes and enjoying our surroundings and a bad movie on HBO. Sunday morning, we grudginly woke up expecting that surely the best was already behing us..... au contraire mon frere... The peach frenchtoast was to die for, the fresh country pork sausage was cooked to perfection and the coffee.... don't get me started ... but honestly, I have never, ever tasted coffee as good as the coffee served at breakfast. Bob had advised us upon arrival that it was their very own special blend. He again did not disappoint.

This was our first ever Bed & Breakfast experience... We had so much fun staying at the Rosehill.... f this is #6 per TripAdvisor I'm not sure we could handle anything above #4. The Rosehill has added a new demension to our travel iteneraries. Don't ever believe anything negative about this place... and get there as soon as possible.

Way too long I know, but the Rosehill is all that and then some.

Thanks Bob, Tricia and Sean.
...please forgive my spelling throughout...

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heronwood
Reviewed 11 September 2007

A friend of mine was visiting me in Raleigh from London, and we took a trip to Wilmington where we were lucky enough to stay at the Rosehill Inn.
The Inn is lovely and conveniently located for restaurants and attractions. The Inn's hosts are a very nice couple, Trish and Bob, and they provided a great balance of friendly help and an opportunity to treat their Inn like a home away from home. The decor is very much in keeping with the age and style of this beautiful house.

The room we had was pretty and comfortably appointed and very clean.The linens and towels were good quality and the bed very comfortable..

Breakfast was fabulous. Being from England I've stayed in a lot of B & B accommodations and I don't think I've had a breakfast as good as this in any of them. It was superb and set us up well for the day. I would highly recommend a night or two in this lovely home.

I found the Inn to be excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends