The Verandas
Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$113
US$134
Homewood
US$129
US$152
US$134
Hampton.com
Hampton Inn Wilmington Downtown(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$162
  • Breakfast included
TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$142
US$124
US$107
Fairfield Inn
Staybridge Suites Wilmington East(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$122
Travelocity
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$144
Travelocity
All reviewsb bfrench pressedcomplimentary winehistoric districtbed and breakfastfrench press coffeehouse is beautifulplace to stayeach morningthree nightstwo blocksspent nightsguest roomsbreakfast was deliciousthoroughly enjoyed our staythe location is perfectsouthern hospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Verandahs is a lovely, well run period B and B in a terrific location to enjoy historic Wilmington. It is the most expensive place I've found there but also the best, fair value for those who can afford it. It's location in the middle of historic homes is a 5-10 minute walk to many, varied good restaurants and a fun book store, Old Books on Front Street, which has plenty of reading chairs, a coffee/tea bar and a 'literary' juke box. The employees and most others around town are very friendly and helpful.

For me Wilmington is more pleasurable and interesting than Charleston which captures most of the tourists. The number of old buildings is smaller in Wilmington but there are still many and it's not overrun with tourists-- a great vacation spot for 2-7 days.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We've frequented this inn every time we've had the occasion to visit Wilmington so on our 10th Wedding Anniversary, we thought it would be the perfect place to celebrate our miletone and we were not disappointed. Even though we haven't been at the inn in four years (since our son was born!) Chuck and Dennis greeted us, not as former guests, but as old friends. Chuck and Dennis are much more than innkeepers; they take interest in their guests and offer an environment that's not only relaxing, but welcoming and offers the perfect balance of home and the perfect get away. When you add the beautiful surroundings of each room and the wonderful ambiance, it's a perfect experience for any occasion. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. This wonderful inn is the best that Wilmington has to offer! Tiffanie & Marc

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the inn and we've stayed in almost all of them!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My wife and I are newlyweds and this is my first time in a B&B anywhere. We were charmed so easily in this wonderful gem of Wilmington class and culture. Chuck is the most gracious and knowledgeable host either of us have ever had the pleasure of meeting and we already miss him like family. Our time there was simply marvelous and we would never stay anywhere else. Whatever we needed, from info on great dining and spirits, to local treasures and great beach spots, Chuck and Dennis provided it all with such wonderful warmth and friendship. The breakfast and coffee are not to be missed! We wish a speedy recovery to Dennis, and thank you both for the wonderful gift!

Room Tip: Any room is amazing and perfect.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We absolutely loved this hotel, this home, from the second we stepped through the door. Chuck and Dennis are amazing, everything you would hope for. I could write for hours now and we still mention "the verandas" regularly.. plotting our return one day. If we could go every season, we would!
Beautiful, beautiful decor, food, welcome, kindness, in lovely Wilmington. Thank you to everyone there. A top, top place.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bethfoster
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I was in Raleigh for a wedding and I thought it gave me a great opportunity to revisit Wilmington and The Verandas. Wilmington is charming any time of year, as is The Verandas, but the Christmas tree in the living room made it even more so. Chuck and Dennis were as welcoming as ever. I brought my married daughter along with me and she and her husband were thrilled to be there.
We are detail people and Chuck gave us the tour of his latest additions to his collections. I could have sat in my room, number 3, just admiring the details of the interior design; Dennis is a designer and the house is his great work. The furniture all seems perfect for the spaces and the attention given to upholstery and drapery is amazing. This visit I noticed that there are covered buttons sewn above the box pleats on
the bedskirt. Like everything at the Verandas, it is just a step beyond what is necessary and subtlely transports the experience to a higher dimension.
Breakfast is included and that morning we ate from family "wedding china." The menu? Melon and berries, shirred eggs, country sausage, homemade muffins, and a slice of cranberry sauce
cut into the shape of a star. Choice of juices, coffee, and teas. Yummy.
This is an inn where the hospitality is foremost and the accommodations superb. They encourage you to relax in the public rooms, nibble on the snacks and chocolates, and partake of the wine in the late afternoon. There is a "family photo album" that chronicles the transformation of the building from the former state of wreckage into the present restored beauty. It's an inspiration.
I had not been in North Carolina and The Verandas for 5 years. I will not wait that long to return.

Room Tip: All the rooms are all decorated differently. There is no elevator, and the ceilings are high, so some would want a room on the second floor rather than the third.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends