“old fashioned Ice cream at It's Best”

No photo provided
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 7 July 2013

In the fall they have a warm apple dumpling with ice cream. Warm gooey goodness. Do you need more?
Try the Turtle ice cream sundae. Loaded with toasted whole pecans..............

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Best ice cream in Wilmington. Creamy and rich and yummy. And you should try their pies and cakes. So many different flavors to choose from. Seasonal flavors are wonderful too.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Best ice cream in Wilmington. Not the soft-serve or "mix flavor into base" kind of ice cream. Hand-packed and creamy, but with a nice 'body'. Lots of choices. Prices not bad. Nowhere to sit inside, so be prepared to sit outside in the heat, or eat in your car. Convenient drive-through as well.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Rates are high for average ice cream. Service is good - drive-up and take out only.

Reviewed 10 April 2011

I was a little worried because I realized when we got there they didn't have soft serve. Normally I hate regular scoop ice cream because it it way too hard, that was definitely not the case here. I asked the worker if the chocolate cake batter was any good and she said "here try it" (I forgot ice cream places let you try before you order!). It was really delicious and the texture was mousse like and not hard at all. I ordered one scoop in a cup with caramel sauce...mistake. I probably will not order caramel sauce again because the ice cream was DROWNING in it. Way too much sauce. Same thing with my mom's order. She got their turtle sundae: vanilla ice cream, fudge sauce, caramel sauce, pecans, and whipped cream. Her sundae was drowning in toppings as well. The ice cream is so good that I don't even think you need toppings, or if you get it, tell them to go light on it unless you want ice cream with your caramel sauce. I will definitely go again though, I want to try their oreo cheesecake. One last comment, I gave the atmosphere such a poor rating because there are only a couple of benches to sit down on and birds and traffic everywhere...still worth it though.