“Recommend and I enjoyed my stay.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington
Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I first noticed the friendliness and cleanliness of the hotel. They have a sanitation grade of 100 which you rarely see at hotels. The location was nice-easy access to beach and downtown. Located near lots of shopping areas. Continental breakfast was good and very well organized. Eating area was very clean. Bathroom area kind of small but it was very clean! The only thing I did not like was the carpet could have used more cleaning and once saw a waterbug on the floor. I definitely will be staying at this hotel again. Overall--I would recommend .

Room Tip: Recommend!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 May 2011

We were very pleased with our stay. The room was clean, and the furnishings were up to date and comfortable. The breakfast area was nice and I could not have asked for a better breakfast. There was an excellent variety of foods and drinks available. To top it off, we left our room and headed to check out. When my husband went to the checkout desk, the maid had called down to report that I had left a pair of shoes, so he was able to go back up to retrieve them. Great, great service! If we head back to Wilmington, we'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Me and my husband went to Wilmington North Carolina a few days ago. We stayed at Baymont Inn. Wilmington NC was GREAT! Location of hotel was GREAT! Outback steakhouse right next door. Close to all of restaurants and near local beaches. Staff was very friendly! Did not like that you had to walk outside the hotel to get to your room. They didn't really have a restaurant it was like a breakfast nook. The free high speed internet was on the slow side. Room was clean but not very cozy. I am not a very picky person but in the bathroom there was a dead bug on the floor! So i dont know if the cleaning staff is very good? The best part about the hotel is the location. It's a good stay for a night or two but not 3 or 4! All and all I would stay at the comfort Inn down the road looks much nicer!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2010

This was our first visit to Wilmington, North Carolina and we chose to stay at the Baymont. I had read some of the reviews and pondered if I had made the correct decision. Our Baymont choice was a truly wonderful experience. Upon entering a bright, clean, pleasant check-in area, we were greeted in a warm, welcoming, most accommodating manner and made to feel comfortable and 'at home'. The location is most convenient to any needs you might have while in Wilmington. In additon to being convenient, our rooms were bright, clean, neat, a very pleasant atmosphere. The staff went out of their way to be friendly, helpful, make you feel comfortable and welcomed. It was truly a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2010

As a UNCW family, we stay at the Baymont Inn several times a year. Others' negative reviews notwithstanding, we have never had a bad experience. You cannot beat the price, especially in the off-season. We always request a third-floor room (no smoking, no pets, interior hallways). We don't spend a lot of time in the smallish rooms and are generally looking to just have a place to sleep. They have a limited number of rooms with fridge and microwave, available upon request. The free, always-on hot beverages and the afternoon cookies make me feel as though I am coming home.

The staff has always been friendly and responsive. The free mostly-microwaveable breakfast is more than adequate unless you want eggs. It is the closest hotel to the UNCW campus and is within walking distance to lots of shopping and several restaurants (beware-- area is not pedestrian-friendly).

I have on occasion spent a half-day working in the room. The desk and chair are comfortable and the Wifi works great, especially on the side of the building facing the pool. We always fill out the emailed evaluations after our stay, and generally receive a personal reply from the manager.

The only negative issue I have ever encountered was that the mattress on the king size bed was tilted to one side enough to be noticeable. We were only staying one night on that trip so never had a chance to have the staff address it.

Great value if you are not looking for luxury.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2010

This hotel had been recommended to me by a friend. Upon arriving into the room, we were greeted with a musty, damp, mildew smell. The bed covers all felt damp and disgusting. Comforter and blanket were both fraying, and smelled like mildew. The lighting in the room was very dim, and you could barely see to get around. Water requires you to leave it running for at least 15 minutes for it to be hot (and they told this to us at the desk...). The bathroom did not seem clean, and I don't think they cleaned our room at all the 3 nights we stayed there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I found our stay to be very uncomftable and dissappointing!

We found dried blood on the bedspread. It was reported to the owner who appers to be from India. That night the bedspred was back in the room lying at the end of the bed with a note. We will be back to change out. however we did change the sheets?

The dinning area tables and floor are dirty with the same food stains from the day before. No one seemed to be concerned when reported.

The beds are cheap and warn out.

I would rate this as a one starr at best.

We have stayed at this chain before in other locations with great satisfaction.

Baymont would be will served to send an inspector to this hotel.

Happy travels