“July 4th weekend and had a blast!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington
Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Sylva, North Carolina
“July 4th weekend and had a blast!”
Reviewed 21 October 2011

some girlfriends and I journeyed down to Wilmington over 4th of July weekend 2010 and we stayed one night at this hotel as it was cheap and also one of the few who wasn't fully booked for the holiday weekend. We really only slept here although they do have a nice pool. The room was very basic but it accommodated us 4 girls nicely even with 2 per bed and all our stuff it didn't feel cramped or crowded. would definitely stay here again! and the best part.. the starbucks was right across the street!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sweetpsycho

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I was recommended to this hotel by another hotel since they were sold out which after a long drive I was thankful for until I entered my room. I have stayed in 15-25 year old hotels and the difference between those and this one is cleanliness! The room from the air unit, bathroom area (covered in someone else's hair), sheets smelled like urine and were stained, carpet was needing to be cleaned, etc. When I went to the desk to complain the desk attendant acted as if she was completely surprised even though she had given sheets/blanket to the guest before me. She was friendly and pretended like she wanted to inquire more about my issues but did nothing to communicate my complaints to the next shift that would handle my check out or anyone as if it really did not matter because they are used to this type of complaint. I attempted to sleep, with the light on, after buying some of my own bedding and air freshner to make the room more comforable and was awake every 20 minutes waiting to get out of there. I left the hotel early and was told that management was on vacation for the next few weeks. I work in the hotel industry and there is always someone acting as "MOD" especially if you are a 24 hour facility. No one wanted to take ownership of their filthy room but instead tried to make me feel like I was ridiculous for even mentioning that I wanted to be compensated in some way for the horrible stay. Unfortunately this hotel will continue to sell rooms to families traveling with their children, etc because there is just simply no where else to go when you are tired. I would have rather pitched a tent or slept in my car than been charged over $90 for a sub par motel room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ty213
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I guess I got what I paid for.
The rooms are smallish with minimal furniture and no extras. The carpet just seemed in need of a very good cleaning or replacing. I walked in bare feet after a shower and decided to always keep sandals on after that. It just felt dirty. The ceiling had patterns of dirt that I can't explain. Maybe it used to be a smoking room and they tried to clean the smoke film off but didn't get it all. Small beds.
Not a terrible place. I stayed here a couple years ago and I do think the rooms are showing their age and need to be refurbished/refurnished.
I won't stay here again. You can get by in a pinch for a one night stay like we did, but I just couldn't see myself in one of these rooms for longer than that.
The hotel staff was friendly and the breakfast was fair at best.

NE Georgia
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I knew going in that this place was probably not going to be what I preferred but my son was playing ball in Wilmington and his team was staying here, so I decided to do the same. Our team rate was $75 + taxes and fees. I would have to say this is more of a $39.99 class of motel. The room was just disgusting and smelled like someone had doused it with lysol, and I mean a LOT of lysol. Carpet felt damp the entire time and I always felt moist the entire time while in the room. Our bathroom was sooooo tiny. I live in a regular small house and we do not have a bathroom that small in our house even. The bathroom was very old and dated and smelled so bad all I could think of was getting out of there the entire time I was taking a shower. There was also mold on the ceiling. The beds were so uncomfortable, they felt like they were about 100 years old! We all had backaches every morning. The reason I am giving 2 stars is that the front desk staff was VERY friendly and helpful. It's not their fault the place is in need of refurbishment. Breakfast choices were fine and did the job for our boys. The pool was clean but felt like it was crammed in a small area in the parking lot. If I had paid $40 for this room I would have expected this level of room, but since it was over $80 I was very disappointed. I moved to the Holiday Inn Express up the street my 3rd night which was also VERY overpriced @ $140 but to me worth every penny to not have to stay here again!

Washington, DC
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I've stayed here many years ago when it was a Marriott Fairfield Inn, sadly the room now are dated with furniture and TV are in need of updating. While the bathroom sink did have a granite counter the rest of the bathroom was dirty with water damage and small areas of mold and a fair amount of dust. The front desk staff members were very nice and the continental breakfast was fine for this type of motel. Another concern... I had put up the "do not disturb" sign on my hotel room door, but the maid still came in and I found my disturb sign place back on the room's desk. The room price was good, but rather pay a little extra to stay in a better motel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank traveljunkiegirl
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We chose this Baymont since we were on a budget and the reviews were more positive than not (and also more positive than other places in this price range). Good location and friendly staff, but its really showing its age and our room was filthy. Really, really dirty. The phone was very dusty, the tub was dirty, the carpet turned the bottom of my socks dirty within a few minutes, but the worst part was as we were about to get into bed at 11:00 pm, the bed sheets were dirty and stained. Gross! We called the front desk and they gave us new sheets (we had to go get them and then change the bed ourselves.) We know this isn't the Four Seasons, or even Wingate by Wyndham, but for $80+ bucks a nite, we deserve clean bed sheets and a clean room.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Danthebookman
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I guess you get what you pay for, but...

The lobby has a distinct smell of urine. The rooms are small. The shower head was full of hard water stains. The carpet was plain nasty, we couldn't walk on it without flip flops or socks. You have to ask them to change the sheets or they only do it every 3 days. The second floor is for people with pets. And I don't mean sexy beach bum girls with lap dogs. There were people with 40 and 50 pound dogs! If we had known that we wouldn't have stay there.

If you keep your home clean, this place is truly unacceptable. However, if you are okay with dirt you will love it. Oh...and we ran out of towels, and they told us we had to wait an hour because they were in the wash. REALLY?

1 Thank NC2NJNBackAgain