“The staff was excellent. Unfortunately the accommodations...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington
Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Lincolnton, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I am a female and traveled here by myself for business. If you're traveling alone, stay on the third floor since it feels a little safer. I called ahead since I was anxious about staying by myself and the sweet girl at the desk assured me that it was mostly families that stay there and that she would gladly put me on the third floor.

When I got there, they actually had a pretty large construction crew staying there, but most of the guys seemed nice from passing them in the hall. Check in went smoothly and my room was pretty clean! I am a huge stickler for clean room and I had to do minimal cleaning on my own. I wipes down the counters, toilet, light switches, and tables as was surprisingly pleased. There was some dust and when I pulled back my bed sheets there was a single black hair on the underside of my pillow. I think it was a dog hair, honestly. I threw everything in the floor anyway and slept on my own sheets and pillows, etc.

There was staining in the tub and on the bathroom floor, but was still pleased how clean it was. It was a basic room and other than my air conditioning unit sounding like a bomb alarm, it was a nice place to sleep. Customer service was alright...they lack a second desk person at night which was inconvenient when I went to pick up towels around 11p one night but I got them the next morning with no trouble. Good, inexpensive place to stay in a good location.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dale S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, we are in a very safe location We do have a lot of business travelers staying with us during the week, and mostly families on the weekends. We are located in a great location close to restaurants and shopping. We are in the process of upgrading the property and look forward to your return.
Thank you and have a wonderful summer!
The Baymont Inn Staff
Wilmington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great people, comfortable and clean. close to restaurants. will be returning again for business end of May. Recommend for business travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

We are thrilled that you have returned and hope that you are seeing our hard work on improvements to the property! We are excited to provide an accommodation that matches our fantastic staff!