Red Roof Inn Wilmington
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$114
BestWestern.com
Sleep Inn(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$85
SleepInn
Best Western Plus Coastline Inn(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$158
BestWestern.com
Staybridge Suites Wilmington East(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$149
US$131
US$86
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I booked this hotel, because I thought it would be a good value and it looked like there were several good reviews; albeit, there were some bad reviews too. I thought I would take my chances, considering we were traveling with a dog and not very many hotels accept dogs in Wilmington. Check-in was ok, not anything particularly spectacular, as far as guest services are concerned. I was informed that there was a pathetic breakfast offered in the morning and that was about it—oh yeah, and that the pool was clean… Her exact words were the pool is clean too now-- they are out there cleaning it as we speak. This should have been my first red flag; shouldn’t the pool ALWAYS be clean? Anyway, we proceeded to go up to the second floor and check out the room. We were given room 217 and we should have just run after seeing just the door from the outside. It looked like someone tried to vice grip the thing open and then they just kind of sloppily patched and painted over the hole. Once inside, the carpet was very dirty and wet… I guess the air conditioner (which was also broken) was dripping water onto the carpet, so God only knows how much mold there is under there. The walls were completely filthy and splattered with food, etc. The furniture was from the 80’s and dingy and dirty and had drips of stuff running down it. The bathroom was atrociously dirty. I am pretty sure they did not even clean it. There were hairs from someone shaving left at the sink and the tub had a leak that did not stop and a brown ring. Also, the bottom of the tub was black and the shower curtain had mineral stains on it from age. And the beds… good lord. The comforters were so dirty and they even had tears in them. Good thing there is a Target next door, because we went and bought a set of new sheets. Now, this is just the room… the first night there was loud music being played in the parking lot all night with bass. At about 5 a.m. my husband decided to walk the dog, because we could not sleep. Well, he came across a drug deal in progress… the guy staying in the room right next to us was giving an envelope to a car in the lot and receiving cash in exchange.
In summary, I would have preferred to sleep in my car than ever stay here again. It looks like they may be trying to turn this place around, but it is totally trashy and the guests there are just the same. If you are really desperate, I still would not choose this place. Also, it was $99 a night; not a good value at all considering what we had to put up with.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, request that you get one of the new rooms and DON'T for stay in 217, unless you don't mind living in flith.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Katherine S
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed here for three days and 2 night. We were greeted with a smile and checkout was quick! We were very tired from our long trip from up North and were looking forward to rest & relaxation. The room was very clean and neat...the bed and shower were spotless! My fiance and I were very tired and just wanted to get our belongings into our room (which was on the second floor). We were approached by a young gentleman named "Jack", who had a great demeanor and very quck to help us out in getting our luggage and what not up to our room. We were treated royally! My fiance happens to have a bad back and he had noticed him struggling along with our baggage and stopped what he was doing (apparently cleaning) and asked if we needed assistance, quite frankly, if it wasint for him, He would have had one sore back by the time we reached the stairway. What a great gentleman he was very professional, very upbeat attitude and we could tell he loved his job! HE PUT A BIG SMILE OUR FACE! All that to say, if we are treated like royalty, we will be sure to come by again! The surrounding area had nice restaraunts and shopping within walking distance...BIG PLUS!
The downside, it was a bit noisy outside our room in the wee hour of the morning, breakfast was so-so..not much variety.
Again, we want to say thank you to Jack (your employee) for such a welcoming attitude and making sure we were happy with our stay...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night for an impromptu trip. Check-in was quick and efficient, room was mostly neat (fridge and microwave were cleaner than my own, bare floors were swept, the rug under the bed could have used another round with a vacuum, bathroom was fine), king sized bed slept well but you only get 3 small pillows (we could have gotten more but It was such a short stay we didn't bother), no funky smells or strange stains. Staff was friendly and seemed to really enjoy their jobs.

The continental breakfast was a disappointment. Muffins, pastry, cereal, and bagels. Basically a diabetic/low-carb diet nightmare.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed there for the 3 days and 2 night. They are starting to redo the rooms with hardwood floors, flat screen tvs etc. Everyone there was really nice. The continental breakfast was basic. We had no problems at all what so ever. Everything was clean We will stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We needed a hotel for a one night stop on a road trip. Was worried from reading other reviews but needn't have been. For the price this hotel was very good. It was very clean and the room had all necessary amenities. We checked in with a lovely lady (I forget her name) who was so friendly and helpful. Equally the man we met at check out was very nice. Good location for getting to Wrightsville Beach and just a short drive to downtown Wilmington where you can get a parking space by meter or after 530 some are free.
Hotel surrounded by usual fast food joints which is handy.
Breakfast included basic - cereals and danishes. But fine.

Only bad point was that the wifi was terrible and that's why it gets 4 and not 5 stars.
I'd come back though!