Taylor House Inn
Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$113
US$134
Homewood
US$129
US$152
US$134
Great 4.5/5
Hampton Inn Wilmington Downtown(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$162
  • Breakfast included
TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$142
US$124
Very Good 4/5
US$107
Fairfield Inn
Very Good 4/5
Staybridge Suites Wilmington East(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$122
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$144
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsfrench toastlove roomb biced teahost scottfront porchironed sheetsbed and breakfastfresh fruitclassical musicmaple syrupquiet streetporch swingevery morningother guestslovely homehistoric district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at Taylor House Inn for two nights in the room called Peace. Scott, the innkeeper, is fantastic and he greeted me warmly when I arrived about 4:45PM (check in is at 4:00PM, checkout on day of departure is 10:30AM). He gave me a map of the area and made restaurant recommendations. Trust his taste - it's impeccable! I took his recommendations (he even made the reservation for me) and I was quite happy. He was also pleasant to talk to and I had great conversations with him during my stay. I also met his lovely wife, Karen, while there.

The whole house is immaculately clean and the rooms are lovely and comfortable. Peace is a very beautiful room. It has a stand-up shower, which is smaller than one might expect. If you are a bigger person you may want to choose a different room. For me it was more than fine. The bed was incredibly comfortable with super comfortable sheets.

The breakfast was incredible. I mean just amazingly so. Scott serves coffee on the upstairs landing outside your room early so you can enjoy a nice beverage while getting ready. Breakfast is at 9:00 - you don't want to miss it! Everything is homemade and done to perfection. It was more than enough food for me, and there was plenty of coffee and juice as well.

It's about 7 blocks to the river, which is a very easy walk. It's also off Market Street, so it's an easy drive to just about anywhere. I made it to the beach and the river with no problem!

This was a fabulous experience and I will certainly be staying there again in the future!

Room Tip: Tell Scott about your trip when you book and he'll help you choose the right room to stay in.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Tw41733
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our three-night stay at the Taylor House Inn, which was our first stay in Wilmington. Scott, the innkeeper, greeted us warmly when we arrived at about 7:30 pm (ring the doorbell when you arrive), and gave us a nice rundown of the attractions and dining options for downtown Wilmington. We took him up on a couple of his dining recommendations, and were very pleased!

The house is beautiful, and very clean. The classical music playing in the foyer permeates the entire lower floor and enhances the look and feel of the parlors and dining area, all decorated with early 20th century appointments and furnishings.

Scott's breakfasts at 9 AM were excellent, with fruit and yogurt to start, and tasty classic hot gourmet entrees to satisfy! The early morning coffee service left by our room before breakfast was a welcome addition.

We stayed in the room named Serenity. Looking at the other rooms while we were there, this is one of the smaller rooms, but still very comfortable and nicely appointed. This room has a small TV which we used for news and weather, where the other rooms we saw do not have TVs. The bathroom only has a small shower stall, which is fine for the averaged sized person. Larger people would probably want to choose one of the other rooms in the house with a tub/shower combination. The Serenity room also has a working fireplace, but the weather was way too warm while we were there to even try it out. The queen bed was very comfortable. The sheets and blankets were high in quality.

The house was about a six or seven block walk to the main downtown area and river walk, where the shops and restaurants are found. It is an even closer walk to the streets where the beautiful historical homes are found. Some date back to colonial times, but most are from the Victorian era. The Bellamy mansion is literally less than two blocks from the Taylor House Inn, and considered by many in the area as the signature landmark home in Wilmington.

Scott was offering a three-night special at the time, which made the whole stay an excellent value. We were very satisfied with the whole experience and would recommend Taylor House Inn to anyone visiting the Wilmington area!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Douglas J
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Husband and I had a fabulous two night stay at Taylor House Inn. The host, Scott, was very friendly and informative. We were a few blocks from all the action downtown and the room we stayed in, Love, was beautiful. Loved breakfast and especially the chocolate kisses in the room.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank mkniery
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My boyfriend and I just spent the weekend at Taylor House Inn and had a wonderful experience. We travel to Wilmington frequently, but had never stayed there before. We're both in our early 30's and like to go out, so we wanted somewhere near all the action of downtown, but quiet and peaceful enough to enjoy our time off. Taylor House was perfect. The historical home is beautifully decorated in antiques, has very comfortable beds, and is spotlessly clean. It's also really reasonably priced for the area. The host, Scott, is very friendly, a wealth of knowledge about the area, and makes great breakfast (fresh fruit and pancakes or french toast on our days). If you need a TV, there aren't any. There are a lot of books to borrow though, and with so much to do between the beaches and downtown, I'm not sure why you would need one anyway. Overall, we would definitely recommend this B&B and hope to return soon!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank sk200
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My husband and I spent my birthday in Wilmington this past weekend. We truly enjoyed our stay at the Taylor House Inn. Scott (the owner) made amazing breakfasts each morning....sweet potato pancakes with yummy apples and vegan french toast with cranberry syrup...yum yum!!!! The home was immaculate and very comfortable. We enjoyed early morning runs and walking to dinner each night. We stayed in the Peace Room...it's very roomy and was perfect for our stay. Thank you Scott...we will be back very soon!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful...I believe he has three with queens and two with king beds.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple