Taylor House Inn
Sleep Inn(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$93
SleepInn
Staybridge Suites Wilmington East(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$123
Hotels.com
US$129
US$146
Homewood
TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$116
Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$140
Hampton.com
US$140
GardenInn.com
Holiday Inn Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$134
Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$113
US$103
Priceline
All reviewsfrench toastlove roomiced teahost scottfront porchironed sheetsbed and breakfastfresh fruitclassical musicmaple syrupquiet streetporch swingevery morningother guestslovely homehistoric districtbreakfast is served
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband and I needed to "get away" and chose Wilmington as our destination. We took advantage of the current special at the Taylor House Inn and could not have been more pleased! Scott was a perfectly gracious host and our room was lovely. Our breakfasts were superb. Scott took time to make some local suggestions and a day trip recommendation which we thoroughly enjoyed. Should we find ourselves traveling to the Wilmington area again in the future, I can assure you we will stay here again. Well done.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I had the good fortune to visit this delightful inn for the second time in under a year. I emailed Scott to make our reservation because I thought he would be in the middle of making breakfast for his guests. To my surprise, he telephoned me right back and told me that we could indeed have the room of our choice for 2 nights. This is the Peace room which we had stayed in the last time and it was just as charming as we remembered. Beautiful, comfortable, quiet and filled with lovely antiques as is every room in this inn. The breakfast is wonderful and filling - prepare to indulge in a gourmet breakfast which will keep you going until dinner time! Scott is the nicest host imaginable and will offer tips on where to go and what to see in the Wilmington area as well as great restaurants to visit. He provides a detailed map of the area which is so helpful for walking or getting around in the car. You will not be disappointed with a stay at the Taylor House. It is easy to get to, just off a main road, but surprisingly quiet. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MountainMama02
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My son and I spent a lovely evening at The Taylor House in charming Wilmington and had dinner at a wonderful French restaurant (Caprice) which was recommended by Scott, our proprietor. He called and made reservations for us, provided maps and gave us suggestions on good places to visit that weren't typical tourist destinations. The home was lovely, the rooms were charming and comfortable and breakfast (French toast, fresh fruit and juice concoction that you can only find there, was superb). We will definitely stay there again on our next trip to the NC coast!

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms called Peace (standing shower) and Love (tub and shower) and both were charming!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was our first experience at a Bed & Breakfast. We were pleasantly greeted by the owner, Scott, and given the tour. He explained everything, leaving us with no questions. It was well within walking distance to the Riverwalk and the restaurants in downtown Wilmington. We would like to say thanks, Scott and we will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My friends, boyfriend, and I stayed here this November and we will certainly be back for our next get-away. Not only was it easy to make last minute reservations, but Scott was more than happy enough to help me plan a few last minute details to make our night in Wilmington very special. The Bed & Breakfast was very easy to find and although we were running a few minutes behind Scott and his wife were very kind to wait for our arrival.

As we entered the Inn we took quick notice to how well kept the house was. Before we even rang the doorbell Scott's wife warmly greeted us and invited us in. We all were so excited while sitting in the parlor that we just gazed at the antique decor and waited for our welcome information and room keys. Scott's wife was very helpful and willing to help if we needed it.

The room I stayed in was called "Joy" and it was very beautiful, comfortable, and the gorgeous antiques made you feel as if you were back in the early 1900's! The first thing I did was pour a glass of wine and soak in the claw foot tub!!! The great thing about this B&B is there are NO tv's in any of the rooms. This truly made me feel at ease because I was able to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Yes, there is wi-fi so no worries, you are still connected to the world.

After enjoying our night out in the heart of downtown we came back exhausted and eager to go to bed! The beds were comfortable and the linens were fresh and crisp. We slept like a rock! Breakfast was at 9:00 AM and the entire dining experience was exquisite! Breakfast was so fancy and we really enjoyed sitting and conversing with the other guests. Scott is an amazing cook and the French toast was to die for! Check out time approached and our mini vacation quickly came to an end. Check out was very easy and Scott even offered to help with out luggage. We said our goodbyes and made sure that we let Scott know that we would be coming back.

Overall .... Beautiful, friendly, clean, and the hospitality is top notch. Truly a time to remember :)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple