“The Best Hotel in Wilson” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Wilson Downtown

Hampton Inn Wilson Downtown
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Augusta, Georgia
“The Best Hotel in Wilson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

We have stayed at two hotels in Wilson which were off of I-95. In addition, we've stayed at the Bed and Breakfast which closed last year. This past weekend we spent at the Hampton Downtown. The name is a misnomer as the hotel is Not in the "iffy" downtown area. It is located less than 5 minutes off of 95 and within walking distance of major stores. It's set back off of the main road and very quiet. There is plenty of parking, the desk staff were terrific, and the hotel was immaculate. The breakfasts are good and there is a well-equipped fitness center. Our grandchildren spent one night with us, and the staff went out of their way to provide a roll-away bed and toothbrushes. In addition, the housekeeping staff were efficient and friendly. I would suggest to the management that they add a magnifying mirror in the bathroom and kuerig machines in the rooms. We will be staying at this hotel on all subsequent visits.

Room Tip: Suites are worth the extra money - they are quite roomy.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

We had a very positive expereice while staying at this hotel. Some items to note:
1. Staff was very friendly
2. Rooms were very clean, nice sized and nicely decorated
3. The breakfast included was very good
4. Nice decor throughout the hotel

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

We had a toilet that did not flush. We discovered this at 9:30pm. We were told by the night manager that no maintenance staff were on duty at night and the hotel was full, so we would just have to make it thru the night on our own. We were to tell the day manager our problem so it would be fixed. I guess they can't communicate with each other! At checkout there was no mention of a reduced price or points on the rewards program, obviously they aren't concerned with the quality of your stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank FBC30620
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

This location is perfect! There are plenty of restaurant and shopping around this location. As they say first impressions are lasting impressions and that is what I got when I visited this location. When I walked into this location I was greeted by the friendly and courteous staff at the front desk. Check In was fast and easy. I was informed of the different services and amenities when I checked in as well. I usually don't get a chance to relax but this trip was a very relaxing trip for me. The fitness center at this location is by far the best in this area as I have stayed at many different hotels in this area. Also, it is nice to be able to catch something to eat in the morning before you leave and this location has a great breakfast as well. There are so many different things to choose from, and the breakfast staff is friendly as well. This is definitely going to be a location of choice when I come into town in the furture. It is close to shopping and places to eat.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank OhioTraveler81
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

Comfortable, modern, clean rooms with plasma televisions and an extremely helpful and accomodating staff. Couldn't have had a better experience.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
north myrtle beach, sc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

I travel a lot of Hampton Inn's, but I am sorry this one is not up to par. Room had an bad smell and immediatley my sinus started up. Got out the spray, but did not do much good, a non/smoking room, but smell a little like smoke and a pet had been in it. Front desk staff was not friendly, gave me keys that did not work, twice on top of that. So three trips back down the elevator to get keys to wrk, lugging my suitcase, hanging clothes, and computer bag. But there is one great thing about it, I certainly will not go back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank beachl0ver2
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

After a disaster at the Super 8 Wilson, we had to find another hotel to stay at and passed this Hampton Inn about 5 minutes away. The difference was like night and day. A very helpful front desk, clean room with a rollaway, and a very nice breakfast with several hot options in addition to cold choices.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family