“The worst”

Comfort Suites Wilson I-95
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Wilson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We made reservations for this hotel through the corporate website. We arrived after a day of traveling and were told that they had the reservations, but we had to go to stay at their sister Hampton Inn hotel. Of course, I demanded an explanation why we were being moved when we clearly had reservations. The women at the front desk not only failed to give me any explanation, but they acted like I was the one being unreasonable for asking why I was being moved. They just laughed and said, "It's a better hotel anyway." I'd suggest you never stay at either the Comfort Suites or the Hampton Inn Downtown, since they clearly think the customer can simply be bossed around at their whim.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank C P
LindaS7139, General Manager at Comfort Suites Wilson I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear CP, I apologize for the problem you had during your recent visit to Wilson, NC. The front staff handled your situation very poorly and I am very sorry.As you were probably aware there was a very large event in the area, but is not a reason to be treated unprofessionally. I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This a great Comfort Suites to stop at for anyone traveling I-95 between Florida and points north.
Very clean, room was very nice, and the breakfast was excellent. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants good quality in a hotel for a good price....this hotel is right off the I-95 exit, but it is very quiet

• Stayed: June 2014
LindaS7139, General Manager at Comfort Suites Wilson I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear James H
Thank you for your wonderful comments on your recent stay at the Comfort Suites in Wilson. Your feedback is important to our staff and I will be sure to share them with them. We hope you will come stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Tis propert is a GREAT place to stop on your way down I95. The hotel is esy to find and very accessible to the highway. The rooms are nice with very comfortable bedding. The shower actually has multi function shower heads that lla of the functions work, an oddity in today's hotel experiences.
The only negative I can offer was the breakfast needed some attention. The offerings were lacking and the eggs were not very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
LindaS7139, General Manager at Comfort Suites Wilson I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you KevinJ3 for your comments about your recent stay at Comfort Suites in Wilson, NC. Your feedback is very important to us and our team. We hope you will come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We were traveling from Florida and it had been raining the entire trip. We just wanted a place to stay. We had been looking for a room since Lumberton and did find a single thing until here! We arrived at 1:30 am and our only option was 1 king with a pull out couch. We gladly took it. There were 4 adults one child. We were so thankful to have a dry place to sleep. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel itself looked to be brand new. We discovered at checkout there was breakfast, waffles cereal, etc. The lady may have mentioned when we checked in but we were so tired we weren't paying attention. Great place to stay. Room was good size and very clean! !!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
LindaS7139, General Manager at Comfort Suites Wilson I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Comfort Suites in Wilson, NC. Our team is very dedicated in making you stay memorable and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

If you're traveling from NY or NJ to SC or Florida and are looking for a good place to stop, this hotel is great! We travelled with our teenaged daughter and got a room with a king bed and a sofa bed. The property is clean, comfortable and is located right off I-95 at exit 121. If you're going southbound you can check the Carolina Premium Outlets at exit 97. Breakfast is included and has a great selection of food. The hotel has very friendly staff. Overall, great place to stop for a night for family travelers.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a quite sleep in the morning ask for a room away from the stairs as the do...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
LindaS7139, General Manager at Comfort Suites Wilson I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Yuliya V, Thank you for sharing you recent experience at the Comfort Suites in Wilson. Your feedback is so important to us, as we are always trying to improve the service you receive at our hotel.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We would highly suggest if in the area of Wilson, N.C. you stop at the Comfort Suites. Their manager, Linda, will welcome you and make you feel you are special. It is exceptionally clean, with modern facilities, and many cold to warm breakfast choices. The staff goes out of their way to meet your needs in a friendly manner. A lovely way to spend a night on the road away from home.
The Gallawaysf

Room Tip: Great rooms in all areas
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
LindaS7139, General Manager at Comfort Suites Wilson I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Gallaways, Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Comfort Suites in Wilson. We all enjoyed having you stay with us, you and your wife were very kind to all of us. Please come back and see us.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Arrived at the hotel around 4 on our check in date and walked up to the desk and waited a few moments for the two lovely ladies to finish their conversation before they finally acknowledged our presence. When we finally getting our paperwork signed one lady sat down and started reading and eating right in front of us. One comment from her mouth: "Mr. Phillips wanted a King bed room and he got two queens, whoops oh well." Seriously right in front of us? We went to our room and everything there was lovely. Nice quiet atmosphere. Went to a mudcats game and came back to the same lady from earlier who just stated at us walking in, no hi welcome back or anything. Really a people person. Left again later to get food and finally came back to some real service. I guess they like giving their friendly staff the third shift for some reason? We booked with hotels.com and on our confirmation email we were told that check out was at noon and we went off that because the two ladies who checked us in said nothing. 11 o'clock was the check out so while we were trying to take our time packing thinking we had enough time to, we were rushed out by housekeeping and the same lady from the previous day at the front desk. When we left we asked if we would be charged another day and all we got from her was a "nah." No ma'am or no sir maybe? Don't stay unless you absolutely have to. Our fun filled weekend was almost ruined by two inconsiderate hotel employees.

• Stayed: April 2014
LindaS7139, General Manager at Comfort Suites Wilson I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Mmtx94, Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your recent experience at the Comfort Suites. Our team has worked very hard to make our guests' stay a wonderful experience and to have this happen is inexcusable. I have addressed the situation and I apologize to you and hope you will give us another try.