“A Great Place to Stay in Wilson” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Wilson Downtown

Holiday Inn Express Wilson Downtown
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Sterling, Virginia
“A Great Place to Stay in Wilson”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

This was my first trip ever to Wilson and this hotel. The common areas were all very neat and clean. Check-in and Check-out both went very smoothly and the staff were very professional. The room was very clean and quiet. The bed was very comfortable and had several pillows of various firmness to satisfy any guest. I slept restfully all night long on the bed. The bathroom was well stocked with towels and other supplies. The shower had an abundance of hot water and warmed up quickly. The hair dryer worked very nicely. The ironing board was a bit flimsy but the iron was clean and worked well. One of the most important things for me was that the room heating/cooling system was very quiet. Some hotels have those cheap "under the window" units that come on repeatedly throughout the night to disrupt your sleep. The room was very quiet. The morning breakfast was sufficient but a bit sparse. I did enjoy the automatic pancake maker that popped out two tasty pancakes in about 90 seconds. I did not have a chance to use any of the other services (business center, workout room, or pool) so I can't address those. Overall, a great value for the money.

Room Tip: The 5th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SterlingDave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kearny, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

This was my second time staying at the hotel. The decor, rooms, and staff are great. It's a non-smoking hotel but our room smelled of cigarette smoke this time and "other" smoke wafted into our room the previous time. The hotel can't help drug addicts so I let that pass. What I can't let go is the fact that my wife found a baby roach on the bathroom wall the day we were leaving. I was going to let that go, but when we got home and found one in our suitcase, then I knew I had to say something. I did mention the baby roach upon checkout so hopefully this is a one time incident, and they had the room fumigated. I had other relatives stay in a room across the hall and they had no problems. I'm just not a fan of roaches. The continental breakfast kept on running out of stuff and wasn't the best in the world.

Room Tip: The 2nd and 4th floors have ice and vending machines. If you don't want to travel to get those...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ominnicks
Shari1964, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Wilson Downtown, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
I want to thank you for corresponding with me via email and am glad this seems to be an isolated issue. Here at the HIE Wilson Downtown we pride ourselves on clean and updated rooms. Please call me when you plan on coming in again and I look forward to making your stay a pleasant one!

Regards,
Shari
Newark, DE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

I have been staying at this hotel quite often for about a year. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD PERFECT SERVICE! The staff are very friendly and accomadating to my needs. The front desk person, Shaquia Worsley, is knowledgable, attentive to your needs and truely a great asset to this hotel! The rooms, the lobby and the dining areas are so clean! The only place I will stay while in the Wilson, NC area!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Sharon B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

My stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites was very enjoyable. Erika Jenkins and her professional staff made checking in easy. My family and I were comfortable during our stay. The room was in pristine condition and there are several restaurants within walking distance. We will definetly come back. C. Edwards

• Stayed November 2012
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

Thanks for making our soccer tournament so easy. The staff, especially Ericka the manager, were very flexible and willing to do whatever it took to make our team have a pleasant stay. We were there for 4 nights, and they helped with laundry, computer issues, breakfast requests, etc. I highly recomment that anyone going to Wilson, NC plan their stay at this hotel. The price was very reasonable as well!

Room Tip: Near elevator...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Kernersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

The thing I love about Holiday Inn Express in general is the chain's consistency. I've stayed at HIE's in a variety of locations and they are, in my experience, always clean, always well-equipped, always comfortable and the free breakfasts are always ample. I've stayed at the Downtown Wilson location twice and I have found it to be an excellent representation of what Holiday Inn Express is all about. No, this is not a resort or a luxury hotel. However, if you need a clean, comfortable place to stay while just passing through or for a few nights on business, you can trust that the Holiday Inn Express will more than meet your needs. In addition, I have found the staff at this location to be extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shari1964, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Wilson Downtown, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Thank you for the kind words and noticing that the staff enjoys what they do best....making the guest feel at home! We enjoyed having you here and look forward to your return trip!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The rooms were spacious and clean. I really enjoyed the evening snacks and refreshment it gave me an opportunity to meet some of the other guest at the hotel. I also liked the small convenient store located in the lobby, the item were not grossly over priced like some of the other hotels. Whenever i wanted something to snack on it was wonderful not having to leave the hotel, great idea whoever thougth of it.

Mia Hyman

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Ms Hyman,

Thank you so much for sending this comment to Trip Advisor! We enjoy our guests at the managers reception as much as they enjoy the reception. It seems to bring people together as well as give them a little something t eat and drink. We look forward to seeing you again.
Warmest regards from the HIE Wilson Downtown