“employees”

Holiday Inn Express Wilson Downtown
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were attending a bridge tournament on Jan 24-26 in Wilson and stayed in your hotel.I have had a problem with my bill.I reserved the room with my credit card and when we cheked out I paid cash for my part of the room.My room mate put her half on her credit card.I was charged and she wasn't.I called on the 19th after I got my bill and talked to Reggie.He saw were one of us paid cash and one put it on their card.I told him of the mistake and he told me to tell my room mate to call and give him her credit card number.I did.So the next day I called Reggie and he told me she didn't call.So i called my friend and she said a lady called her and told her it had been taken care of .I talked to Reggie again and he said it had not so I gave him her phone number.Icalled my bank this morning and they said it hadn't been paid ,so I called the hotel and talked to Tami Coleman and she was so very helpful and took down the info.She was very helpful

Room Tip: I just want to make sure you=all know what a good employee you have in Tami Coleman
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I booked this hotel through Priceline as a stopover while driving from Florida to DC. After checking in, my son and I discovered we had been assigned a room with one king bed. As my son is too old now for us to sleep in the same bed, I went down to ask for a switch to a two bed room. This has never been a problem at any of the hotels I have ever booked through Priceline. However, the desk clerk refused to switch the room (the hotel is virtually empty) due to their policy that no rooms booked through a third party can have the reservations changed in any way. I could have a roll away for an additional $15, or pay for an entirely new reservation (at full price). By the way, there had been no way to indicate our room preference on the Priceline form while booking. So now my son will be sleeping on the floor in a hotel with at most three other rooms occupied. What a terrible, short-sighted, customer UNfriendly, rigid, insulting policy by Holiday Inn Express. I will not be staying at another Holiday Inn Express again, and will even have to reconsider using Priceline's service, if this absolutely awful experience is what could happen. I wish I was back at the Wingate by Wyndham in Savannah, GA! They were gracious, accommodating, professional and customer friendly. Or any other hotel chain where I have stayed and have had the opportunity to choose the type of room I prefer. Holiday Inn Express is worth ZERO stars! (Also hotels that stash air fresheners in the corners of their elevators - not a good sign!)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vdurham
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear vdurham,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Very pleased with our one-night stay while travelling from Greenville to Cary. Nicely renovated/modern, all the basic amenities, incl. guest self-service coin laundry, small fitness room, and complete breakfast. Only one front-desk clerk made our check-in, combined with a large, travelling baseball team's various needs, a little lengthy, but we assume this was unusual. Very courteous, professional staff. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the breakfast which is served three hours daily. Hot bacon, biscuits and gravy, pecan swirls, fruit, grits, oatmeal, coffee, milk, juices, and more in a very nice and clean dining area with television big screen.

The staff is very friendly and the hotel overall is nice. Very small fit mess room, outside pool that creates a dead end for the checkin in driving area and noisy ice machines are big negatives. The rooms are nicely laid out but Hampton Inns doesn't need to worry about clients being stolen.

Building is serviceable but the owners need to spend a few thousand to fix some bathroom grout issues and night curtain tracks.

I would stay again, but not for the $115 price. This is a nice $70 nightly room with good wi-fi, nice led televisions, clean rooms. Stay away from the ice machines and don't plan on quality workout or swimming facilities.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Steven R
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was taken such good care of by Shelby Bryant-Farmer, assistant district manager!! My travel plans were in a bit of disarray and she took the time with me until I got things straightened out. I don't know what I would have done without her help. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. Excellent location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank auntcarol
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My sister and I first stayed at the HIE as our father had become seriously ill. The staff was warm and helpful due to our difficult situation and considerate knowing we were from out of town. Sadly, during our stay our father passed away. Shelby, the manager, and her staff went above and beyond to help us in every way. They provided information about the area, consistently asked what they could do to help, and helped make arrangements for arriving family and guests. But most of all they were compassionate and caring. The facility was well-maintained, clean, and we felt safe during our stay. If this was a star rating, we would give Shelby and her staff 5 out of 5 stars! Without question, they will be our Wilson accommodation choice in the future!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fisher W
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed overnight here for a conference during the week. The rooms are clean but average, the public rooms the same, nothing exceptional. What is exceptional is the attitude of the staff. Here they have a happy hour every night that is ...HAPPY! they have beer, wine munchies and even lasagna. Since I was on a short break with no chance for dinner, this did the trick. Breakfast was standard but large and well served. Heck... for the price of the room I got two meals! Front desk ladies were fun and helpful. It's a standard place but well above standard service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business