“Great customer service!”

Holiday Inn Express Wilson Downtown
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Wilson
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Arrived early. Met front desk clerk, Allie, who was very personable and friendly. Received clean room. Great breakfast daily. Breakfast attendant, Mac, very polite, mannerable and helpful. Used their clean fitness room with pleasure. Great price, location and facility. I plan to stay there again next year when I return.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2010

I was there with my two kids and my carr broke down. I need to rent a car and go to Emporia VA, but me being out of town , no one would rent me a car. So the staff try to help me, they called the airport to get me a car which was 45 miles away. The manager arrive for her duties that day and discover I need a ride to Greenville airport. She gladly often to take me , I said ok. But then she said if I am going to take you to Greenville that is 50 miles away - why don't I take you to Emporia. So to make a long story short - she did and I will go back time and time again if I am in the area.......Hats off to the staff and manager at the Holiday Express and Suites in Wilson, Nc ... What a treat they are!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jordan2007
Reviewed 3 February 2010

This hotel is a great value, however it definitely needs some remodeling. Our room wasn't as nice as I had expected. Carpet was buckling up and had many rips in it. Beds were very lumpy and sank in the middle. The bathroom was not good at all. Wall paper peeling off the walls, mold & mildew on the tub & shower head, holes in the tub surround. The toilet was disgustingly stained, a little bleach would have done the trick. I also killed a few bugs in the bathroom. Breakfast in the morning was so so. The front desk staff Brian was very friendly. This would be an awesome hotel if they remodeled it.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank nybarbiedoll
Reviewed 9 January 2010

What a pleasant stay, and at a reasonable price. Just a few miles off the I-95 corridor, you can actually find a decent hotel with a friendly staff. Clean - clean - clean, A sizable room with a comfortable bed make for a happy traveler.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2009

We stayed here one night on our way to Myrtle Beach. We checked in was greated with bottled water and either cookies or gold fish crackers. They have a manager's reception every weekday evening free to guest. The complimentary breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon, sasauge, hot cinnamon buns, was good. This Holiday Inn is also pet friendly, plenty of walking space. Rooms were nice, clean and comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Great Stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2009

We stayed here on our way from Florida to Virginia. We have two little children and I am really concerned about cleanliness. The front desk clerk told me that the rooms had all been renovated over the past few years. The room we had was fine; the beds were very comfortable, with lots of soft pillows. The room was clean, and there was a great shower-head in the bathroom. The only down-side to the room was that it had a window-unit air conditioner which I don't really like, but it seemed to work fine. There is a grocery store across the street - I think it was open 24 hours. We were able to bring our dog which was a big plus. Some dog hotels are pretty gross, but this one did not seem that way at all. Overall we had a good experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2006

Front desk clerk was incoherent due to medication overdose! It took me almost 30 minutes to check in because she couldn't remember anything, she couldn't log into the computer, and she couldn't operate the keycard machine! Where was the manager!!!! In the mean time, there were people lining up behind me because their key cards did not work and she couldn't operate the machine! The property itself has a fair amount of cigarette butts and trash in the parking lot and in the gravel landscaping around the hotel. Also, I noticed a fair number of people loitering around the entrance. Were they guests? friends of the staff? people in the neighborhood hanging out? Who knows!! A police car did show up and I saw the officer talking to the front desk clerk, but I don't know what the situation was. On the plus side, this hotel accepts pets (for which they charge a fee), my room was fine, and the continental breakfast was fine. But I will never, ever, ever stay at this hotel again!!!

• Stayed: August 2006