“Bait and switch”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Englewood, Florida
“Bait and switch”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Called the hotel 20 minutes before arriving and asked if the $39.99 coupon could be used and the clerk said it could. When we arrived she said there were only two rooms left and they were $59.99. I can see they have done this before from other reviews. .At 10pm we were tired from all the travel so took the room. The next day went to breakfast tables were dirty and they were out of quite a few items at 7:30am.
Bathroom in the lobby was messy and no paper!!!!.

Room Tip: Watch out for the low come on price!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1Charl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Husband and I stayed here on our trip south from New England for Thanksgiving. Basic motel.

Pros: Inside corridors
NEW inside
Easy access from 95

Average:
Continental breakfast
Lots of towels, pillows, very fun 'window seat'
Water pressure
Bed seemed comfortable
Cleanliness

Cons:
We could not detect wi-fi on any of our devices (laptops, smartphones)
Right next door to a cemetary (Poltergeist, anyone?)
Desk staff seems very 'meh' hubby said 'goodmorning', smiled, and said thank you. none of it was met with any acknowledgement.

If you are on a budget, this will do. If you can splurge a little more, stay in one of the MANY other motels (marriott, Jameson inn, sleep in) that are on that same block.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
newark
Reviewed 20 October 2011

My wife and I had never stayed at a micro hotel before. We were very pleased with our room. It was clean and the beds were comfy. My wife just loved the window seat (not sure if this comes in all the rooms) Front desk staff was very pleasant but the cleaning staff leaves something to be desired! While having breakfast one of the maids was shouting across the front desk.... "im not doing laundry, have someone else do it"! she stormed off and a couple of hours later as we were loading the car, the same girl was screaming and using profanity in the hallway. Not sure why she still has a job!!? The hotel was nice and clean but the staff is horrible!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Upper Dublin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My family and I recently took a two-week vacation to Orlando, FL and Williamsburg, VA. Being Wyndham Rewards members we stayed at the Microtel Inn (8/22-23/11 - 5013 Hayes Place, Wilson, NC), the Days Inn-Convention Center (8/23-9/1/11 - 9990 International Drive, Orlando, FL), the Baymont Inn & Suites (9/1-2/11 - 1826 W Lucas St, Florence, SC) and Days Inn (9/2-5/11 - 14747 Warwick Blvd, Newport News, VA.)

We stayed one night here and were quite satisfied. We arrived after midnight and there was a staff person on-duty at the front desk to check us in. It was a little hard to find the hotel at first because Google Maps erroneously shows it being on Hayes on the south side of US-264 behind Fairfield Inn. It is really on Hayes on the north side of US-264 set back behind the Sleep Inn, Hampton Inn, and Jameson Inn all of which are located in the same area just west of Exit 121 on I-95.

Check-in took only two or three minutes. Moments later we were in our room. The room was clean as was the bathroom. Both looked just as shown in Microtel's website photos. The surroundings are very quiet. All of the amenities were in working order including the 32" LCD TV.

The free breakfast was nice and included make-your-own waffles, cereal, Danish, bagels, and microwaveable items in addition to coffee (decaf available), tea, milk, and a choice of juices. A free USA Today was available.

Check-out went smoothly. The price paid was exactly what was confirmed when I made the phone reservations three days earlier: $59.99 + $8.02 tax for a room with two queen-size beds which were firm and quite comfortable.

I'm sure my daughter will long remember this hotel as it was here that we sprung the surprise on her the following morning that we were headed to Florida to go to Seaworld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens Tampa, and Walt Disney World!

Room Tip: Microtel is located on Hayes north of US-264 behind McDonalds and the Sleep, Hampton & Jameson I...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank LosCisnes737
NJ
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The sign out front said "$44.95". My coupon said "$49.99". Mark at the desk told me "there are only 4 rooms left at $69.99"!! It was midnight and he got us. Every other place was booked. Bait and switch. The room A/C did not work, sink and tub drains clogged, and TV was a 19 inch. All the coupons stated "32 inch TV". False advertising. When I complained the next AM to the desk clerk, she said I should have told them so they could send their maintenance crew up to the room. Hahaha....at midnight, when we needed to sleep?? She also said they are in the process of upgrading TVs....well, how about waiting until all processing is complete before you brag that all rooms have 32 inch TVs???? BIG RIPOFF!!! NEVER AGAIN!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank betsy47

Travellers are raving about these Wilson hotels

Longwood, Florida
Reviewed 30 August 2011

AUGUST 30,2011 I DID NOT STAY HERE AND NEVER WILL.
Advertized price for this room was $44.95. Linda said the usual price was $44.95 but there were only two rooms left and the price was $99.00. Way to go Microtel. Stick it to your fellow man after a hurricane.
The deskclerks name is Linda and shame on you. I'm going to call your corporate headquearter to see if this is their policy. Maybe your just pocketing the difference..

Room Tip: Avoid this place if you want to get the best rate!!!
Stayed August 2011, travelled on business