“Refreshed”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilson
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
“Refreshed”
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

We checked in late (2 a.m.) and and they allowed us to sleep in and check out later. The dog was only $10, which is great because he's a 100 pound lab. We we're nervous because of reviews, but it was safe. They had cameras and security. We had no problem leaving a lot of our stuff in the jeep that has a zip top. Overall, tremendous value.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank reasonabletravelers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I had a wonderful stay! It was really convienent for me to stay at a safe, clean and refreshing hotel. I was on my way to Florida, from upstate New York. The Microtel, in Wilson, North Carolina was the best and cleanest stay in my journey. I was also with my parents, who appreciated how nice the employees that worked there. The continental breakfast was superb and again very clean. I will definitely come back to visit and stay at the Microtel, when I come back through on my way to Florida.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathy C
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have stayed at this motel 4 or 5 times. Its value is great - especially with a coupon. It is located near 95 with a few other chain motels and fast food places. Due to its agressive pricing, it fills up almost every night. Sometimes they can't honor all of the coupons. Keepin mind it is still significantly cheaper and cleaner than anything else around. I have stayed here a number of times and will stay here again. I should also note the owner and his staff care about the hotel and its customers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank John S
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed overnight on our way to Florida. The hotel is in a good location - there are several other hotels at this exit, as well as restaurants. Check in was quick and easy, using a travel center coupon. The room was good for an overnight. My daughter used the padded window ledge to sleep on.

Breakfast was not that great. The juices were way too watered down, the food was just ok. We might stay again if there was a good deal, but would eat breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank TATINEE
Cambridge, Maryland
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Staff greeted us even when busy; room was old but tidy. Had everything we needed plus is pet friendly. Bathtub was spotless as was everything else in the bathroom. Plenty of towels
Breakfast seemed sparse but since I brought my own cerea, didn't matter.
We will stay here again.

Room Tip: If traveling with dogs, ask for rooms at end of first floor. We had Room 100 which afforded us easy...
Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Called the hotel 20 minutes before arriving and asked if the $39.99 coupon could be used and the clerk said it could. When we arrived she said there were only two rooms left and they were $59.99. I can see they have done this before from other reviews. .At 10pm we were tired from all the travel so took the room. The next day went to breakfast tables were dirty and they were out of quite a few items at 7:30am.
Bathroom in the lobby was messy and no paper!!!!.

Room Tip: Watch out for the low come on price!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1Charl

Travellers are raving about these Wilson hotels

Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Husband and I stayed here on our trip south from New England for Thanksgiving. Basic motel.

Pros: Inside corridors
NEW inside
Easy access from 95

Average:
Continental breakfast
Lots of towels, pillows, very fun 'window seat'
Water pressure
Bed seemed comfortable
Cleanliness

Cons:
We could not detect wi-fi on any of our devices (laptops, smartphones)
Right next door to a cemetary (Poltergeist, anyone?)
Desk staff seems very 'meh' hubby said 'goodmorning', smiled, and said thank you. none of it was met with any acknowledgement.

If you are on a budget, this will do. If you can splurge a little more, stay in one of the MANY other motels (marriott, Jameson inn, sleep in) that are on that same block.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple