“Pretty good for the area”

San Jose Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 160 Restaurants in Wilson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Decent but not great food, not the best service... I'd recommend but don't expect amazing... That said there isn't much to choose from in the area...

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I was very disappointed in the service and food at the end of our meal. I feel it was due to the employees desires to close up too early and neglected to considered those being waited on.

1.Beginning of meal ---- Service was very poor.
2. When meal was served, I did not receive a salad, What I received was a very small portion of mulched, old, wet head lettuce with mayo squirted on top. It was just a small pinch of lettuce, no tomatoes, no sprinkled cheese, nothing else! NOT A SALAD!!! and it was served on a dirty plate. The waiter did not apologize but said it was the managers decision. Health inspector should check them out. I had a very small stake quesadilla served cold.
3. At the end of the meal, closing time was at 10pm. At 9:30pm they turned all the lights up bright and turned soft background music way up to the point you could not here yourself talk.
5 min's later a worker was mopping the floor in front of us. They wanted us to leave early and were very, very rude. We did nothing wrong only that I mentioned the lettuce issue. Seriously, I could have ordered from the one dollar menu at Burger King take out in a plastic container for a better meal. They would have even thrown in condiments for free.

2  Thank jhn j
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We drive all the way from Goldsboro, when we want Mexican. The food is fresh and flavorful. Best Mexican food around.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Wilson. Fast, cheap, good service and GREAT food. The Fajitas, Fajita Nachos and Arroz Con Pollo are my faves. Free chips and salsa while you wait. Good size portions. We go here at least once a week. Can't handle seating for large groups. (over 12 or so)

1  Thank Karen N
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This was not one of the best meal's that I've had but it sure was one of the best in the last year. I had the Pollo Racherio and my friend had the Vegetarian Burrito. She loved hers and also remarked that it was really good. The service was average.

Bottom Line: This is definitely worth the trip.