“BowWOW!”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Clearwater, Florida
“BowWOW!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Travelling on I-95 is a challenge with a dog - so many hotels won't accept pets and sneaking one in is too much stress. So, on my most recent trip from NJ to Florida, I had reservations at a hotel in Fayettville that accepted dogs, but was tired and didn't want to continue the drive so my daughter checked on a pets accepted site and found Candlewood Suites in Wilson. She then went to Tripadvisor for reviews as I am very fussy when it comes to hotels and cleanliness. The reviews spoke highly of the property and since it accepted pets, I decided to stay there. From the moment I arrived to my departure the experience was great - the staff on duty when I checked in was welcoming to me and my furkid - had treats on the front desk for her. The hotel lobby and the room were very, very clean -- I was so impressed with the "kitchen pantry" that was well stocked and worked on the "honor system" - (how refreshing in this day and age). When not travelling with Gidget, I generally stay at high end hotels, with 5 star ratings, and prices to match -- Candlewood Suites in Wilson has put many of those properties to shame as it offered high quality at a low price. Will definitely put this on my "preferred stay" list, and you should too!

Room Tip: Advised by the staff that the first floor can be a bit noisy, so I was put on the second floor and i...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Judith S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay. The staff are friendly, the location is great (within walking distance to both the airport and Walmart), and the rooms are very nice (the pillows leave much to be desired). There are many amenities that add to the experience (full kitchen-including dishwasher, full-sized fridge and microwave, pots, utensils, stove, etc.-lending library, dvd player, and free laundry access) and few that detract (no breakfast, slow internet, crappy pillows-yes, they're very thin-and no pool). However, the ups easily outweigh the downs.
Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lray801
1Skip
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

The staff is very courteous and helpful. The rooms are clean and relaxing. The staff makes you feel that the hotel is the next best thing to home. Free washer and dryer use for guest as well as a nice workout room. A very nice covered area with tables and chairs out back with gas grills should you decide to grill a steak. I don't think you could find a better place to stay due to location, you are close to shopping and places to eat. Just a all around great place v to rest, relax and enjoy a comfortable stay!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank 1Skip
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Booked a standard room and called a day prior to check-in to requeste an upgrade to a King Suite, since I was traveling with my wife and kids. Simple, right? Well....

I ended up speaking with people at the front desk over a two-day period who simply could not (or who didn't know how to) make the change in the system to get me a 1-bedroom suite. Although eager and willing to help, Cheryl (girl at front desk) advised me that due to a "computer glitch" my would-be upgraded room, though available in the hotel's inventory, was not able to be assigned. I was a little surprised that I was not able to be accommodated as I advised Crystal that I am a Platinum IHG Rewards club member.

To make a long story short, when I checked in, Ashley - the overnight girl at the front desk - made it happen for me. She was kind, efficient, cute and most important: capable & competent. Though she did not acknowledge my status at check-in or go through the usual Elite member salutations generally standard for IHG hotels that I'm used to getting, Ashley got the job done! Within a couple minutes after handing my ID and credit card to Ashley, I was inside of my 1 bedroom suite. Issue resolved; customer satisfied.

And *that's* why this hotel gets a 5 out of 5.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank jacobandjune
Little River, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 September 2013

What a wonderful stay. Great service and caring, thank you to Cheryl Alley. We were traveling just after surgery. The home atmosphere and the cozy recliner was my husbands favorite thing about our stay. Mine was the kind reception and the fresh smell of the bedding. So com-fee, I didn't want to get out of bed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fitisit57
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Rooms were clean. Staff was immensely helpful. Price was very good for what we received. Full-size refrigerator and kitchen stuff was nice addition. Choose the 3rd floor to avoid pets, which is very important to us. Extremely convenient location in Wilson.

Room Tip: Ask about no pet floors if you wish.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Denton, NC
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have spent the last 2 months living at Candlewood, as I have several contracts in Wilson, and I have all intentions of staying at Candlewood through Thanksgiving. From my first night there, Laurie (manager), Rachel, Brooke, Cheryl and Kaitlin have done a wonderful job making my crew and myself feel welcome. Everyone is nice, friendly and professional. The housekeeping staff is obviously committed to providing the cleanest rooms possible. The rooms are designed very well, complete with a full size refrigerator, a large microwave, a stove top, dishwasher & a good assortment of pots, pans, dishes, etc. The bed sleeps great, very comfortable. There is a nice covered Gazebo, complete with patio furniture and propane grills, out back, which is a relaxing spot to watch the sunset.
Laurie has made every effort to address any concerns I have had, which have been minimal, and has gone above and beyond to provide any requested amenities. She has answered many inquiries from where to eat to where to get a haircut. The Candlewood is located in a great location, very convenient to resturants, grocery stores and multiple various retail facilities, most within walking distance.
I have spent the last 25 years traveling due to my job responsibilities, and the Candlewood is one of, if not the nicest, overall lodging experiences I have had. While I miss being home tremendously, the Candlewood's amenities along with Laurie's management and her staff's commitment to my comfort, has made my sojourn quite pleasent, a "home away from home".

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business